INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing a file with data (ie name, artist, ect) going into the correct field  (Read 324 times)

Catahoula

Just downloaded the trial version 28. Looks really good and detailed.  Will probably buy it if it works as good as it looks!

But how do I import files into it with the data being brought into the correct fields.
I have my files all in the same order, Name, Artist, Album, and Genre. My view or window fields are in the same order. But when it imports it
dumps it all in the first field, Name.

Expressions I am assuming maybe? Maybe missing a format for the file itself? I'm using "Name - Artist - Album - Genre".
I've tried it with several different thing like brackets and commas in all different orders.

I'm sure it's in the help somewhere but I can't find it.

Thanks for your assistance.

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

On import MC looks for tags embedded into files and use those. Failing that it will try to do that from file name (not exactly sure how it does so for audio files ... but definitely it has nothing to do on how you arrange tags in your views) ... i think ppl mostly arrange their files in

[Artist]/[Album]/[Track #] [Artist] - [Name].flac

EDIT: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Carnac this describes how MC gets tags from file names ... doesnt seems it gets stuff related to gender (though as i mention later ... its possible yo do this in auto-import with some expressions)

Its possible to set up auto import so it fills fields from file name ... but I am terrible at making expression to do this (someone can probably help you out)

If you have already imported and its garbage ... and you want to fix it ... select files you want to fix (try on few first) then [Tools]->[Library Tools]->[Fill properties from file name...] ... there you can specify your template ... for you it will be

[Name] - [Artist] - [Album] - [Genre]
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)
Pages: [1]   Go Up