INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping from CD with both Data and Audio files  (Read 894 times)

carchiba

• nothing more to say...
Ripping from CD with both Data and Audio files
« on: March 27, 2003, 01:54:49 am »

I have a CD (Foo Fighters - One by One) that I want to rip to add to my MP3 collection on my PC. When I look at the CD from MediaCentre 9, it only shows the data files on the CD and cannot seem to see the audio files. The CD has a small player built in that will auto-start when you insert the CD. This is what mediacentre sees on the CD (not the audio files). I have checked that the "view filter" is set to "show all files" so looking for any help in how to rip this CD. Thanks.

Colin

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripping from CD with both Data and Audio files
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2003, 09:35:37 am »

Strange, we haven't run into that problem before. Do you have other "enhanced" CD's that display the same problem, or is it just this one?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2003, 09:47:38 am »

May be AIN (autoplay). If you hold the shift key down for 5-10 sec's after inserting CD (which will prevent the built-in player from starting), then "look" at the drive with MC, can you rip then?

10-27

carchiba

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2003, 10:26:38 pm »

It was only subsequently that I realised that the CD was copy-protected and this was the problem. In fact when I removed my CDRW drive and replaced with a normal 8x DVD drive, MC9 could see the files but only rip tracks 2 to 12 (track 1 had all the copy-protection). Eventually got round it by using CloneCD to create an ISO copy of the CD onto my hardfile, then Alcohol 120% to mount this ISO image as another drive (F:) then could use MC9 to rip from this virtual drive rather than the real one. Maybe a good tip for other copy-protected CDs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up