INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sidecar files for TV in my Music folder?  (Read 374 times)

macdonjh

• Citizen of the Universe
Sidecar files for TV in my Music folder?
« on: October 23, 2021, 10:39:35 am »

I've been migrating from a Mac to a PC, so I've been doing lots of copying and moving, etc.  I noticed something weird this morning: I have a whole folder of Sidecar files in my Music folder.  They all appear to be for the TV series House.  The are located here: Multimedia\Music\Unknown Album Artist (auto)\Unknown Album.

That makes me think during one of my copies or moves or MC imports these Sidecar files got retagged as audio files.  Any idea how and why that might happen?

I've checked my folder for House, and there appears to be a full set of sidecar files for the episodes I have.  I think I can simply delete the Unknown Album folder...

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Sidecar files for TV in my Music folder?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 05:08:59 pm »

Best guess is that the sidecar files were 'orphaned' during a copy operation at some point and have then been selected during a 'Rename, Move & Copy files' where the folder rule was '[Album Artist (auto]\[Album]. As the sidecars don't have any information in those fields the folders created are 'Unknown Album Artist' etc.
I think you can quite safely delete them.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

macdonjh

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sidecar files for TV in my Music folder?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 08:49:53 am »

I think I will delete the folder with my orphaned Sidecar files.  Feels strangely wrong to be treating orphans that way.  :)

My naming format is [Album Artist (auto)]\[Album] for audio files, but not for video files.  So I wonder how those Sidecars got orphaned in the first place?
Pages: [1]   Go Up