INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Convert with handbrake (or ffmpeg)  (Read 498 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Request: Convert with handbrake (or ffmpeg)
« on: October 25, 2021, 02:29:06 am »

Hi,

Great work on implementing the makemkv integration.

I wonder if you would consider adding a handbrake integration too so that we can do an in-place conversion on our files after ripping. I normally compress my DVD rips to a high quality h.264 codec after ripping, but keep all the audio as it is.
I looked at the JRiver Conversion tool, but its not as configurable as I'd like. I'd like to be able to toggle 'keep source frame rate' and 'keep source resolution', and 'audio passthrough'.
Alternatively, if your conversion is also using ffmpeg i wonder if it would be possible to add the ability to import handbrake conversion presets to the JRiver conversion tool?

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Request: Convert with handbrake (or ffmpeg)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 12:16:06 am »

MC already uses ffmpeg but as you have seen, there are only a few pre-defined templates for conversion.  Hendrik has expressed a couple of times a desire to open this up but it's never hit the top of the list (which I'm sure is long) of stuff to do.  I used to be very keen for this but given the flexibility of MC to play all the common formats, and the drop in price of storage I just leave everything "original". 
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up