INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Doctor changes  (Read 719 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Play Doctor changes
« on: November 05, 2021, 01:30:39 pm »

Hi there! Now that a lot of my tracks are rated, I have started using Play Doctor more and set up the rules. Version 28.0.80 just got installed and it is working differently than the previous version (maybe 79?). I have 4 Genres that include the word Rock: Alternative Rock, Rock, Pop/Rock, Rock & Roll. In the previous MC version when I typed Rock in the Play Doctor, I had choices of Rock and Alternative Rock in the dynamic dropdown. Now I am only getting Alternative Rock in version 80. Entering just Rock and pressing Enter only seems to select Alternative Rock genre songs. How am I able to select the Genre I want for Play Doctor?
Jeff

dcwebman

Re: Play Doctor changes
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 10:48:32 am »

Using the search term [Genre]=[Rock] in Play Doctor doesn't work either.
Jeff

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 04:42:44 am »

I give up. I reverted back to version 66 which is what I had before it auto-updated to 80 and that version originally did let me type just Rock. Typing "Rock" in Play Doctor still doesn't change. I'm not sure how we're supposed to "Enter any artist, genre, or song" if it doesn't let you.

I ended up creating multiple smartlists for each genre I may want to listen to.
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 07:06:41 am »

Using the search term [Genre]=[Rock] in Play Doctor doesn't work either.
I don't think you should have brackets around Rock.

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 08:00:15 am »

I don't think you should have brackets around Rock.
Thanks Jim. I was using the "[Genre]=[Rock]" that the Wizard in the top right Search created. By entering "[Genre]=Rock", it did create a playlist of the Rock Genre plus other Genres with the word Rock in it.

I think I found the problem though. I failed to mention that I am on a client connected to a Library Server. There are zero audio files on this client. When I enter "Rock" while the Library Server is loaded, I get:

When I was updating my Library Server with the latest 80 version, I tried "Rock" from the Library Server and it worked fine. Trying the example back on the client, I imported all the audio files from my NAS like the Library Server has and made sure the Main Library was loaded. I then entered "Rock" and got:

This is very similar to the results on the Library Server itself. Something changed at one point because my client which never had audio files did work fine like this last example.

I'm not sure what the right answer is, but there is definitely a difference with Play Doctor using a Library Server vs. Main Library.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up