INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions on DVD, VOB, AC3!  (Read 775 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Questions on DVD, VOB, AC3!
« on: March 27, 2003, 02:38:52 am »

Have been playing around with video and video compression and conversion lately, so a few questions arise:

1) Are you going to allow to read ifo/vob files from disk, as most newer versions of pure DVD players allow? I read in some thread that it was promised for release 124!

2) There are many DVD Ripper on the market now, not only from very obscure corners, but also from very prominent companies! Just bought one for about 75 USD! They all limit rights to make copy on disks for personal purpose, but they allow to rip and compress movies, the same way as we do now with music! Is DVD ripping going to be included or are copyright issues too scary?

3) Is tagging of video files possible? Right now information is stored only in MC!

4) Videos recorded by MC display a picture in thumbnail view, videos compressed by 3rd party tools (divx) display only a black rectangle! Would be nice if the would also display a cover image!

5) Is it possible to record AC3 audio streams when recording videos with MC9?

6) Set up a new recording profile with divx 5.02 codec! But it is not possible to select an audio stream! In what audio format does MC9 record videos by default?

7) What are the advantages of the MC9 video decoder compared to divX, obviously proprietary! Video play on MC and WMP9, but not on DivX players!

8 ) If you have a dual view graphic card such as Geforce 4 and a standard TV attached besides the CRT/TFT, DVD players such as WinDVD detect the TV automatically and display the video on TV in full screen mode right away, keeping the current display mode on the CRT/TFT screen! In MC9 you have to switch primary and secondary display in the Nvidia Nview before seing the movie on TV and it blacks out on the CRT/TFT screen.
Any improvements going on here?

9) What are imminent improvements planned in this whole area before final release?

10) By the way, pure DVD playback now works perfectly since I last tested.  Congratulations!

11) You are now really on the way to become the all-in-one Media Center! Keep the good work going on!

12) Prices: When I see the prices charged for simple DVD copying/ripping software on the market, 75-90 USD here in Switzerland, then I would say that your product has much more value than what you are charging now!

13) OT: Any plans for language localization? German, French, Russian, Spanish, maybe in 9.1? I am sure many here on Interact would contribute to translations!

Nilsi

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Questions on DVD, VOB, AC3!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 10:05:13 am »

I didn't follow up all releases one by one, but last one I know of supporting at least *.vob file playing was .119.

It is really a little bit dissapointing, that vob/ifo-file playback does obviously not stand on top of JRiver priority list.

Please folks go for it ... Thanx in advance  to the one(s) that play(s) it all !?!?!?!?!?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up