INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TAB HELP ... how to save tab selection  (Read 643 times)

Striker

• World Citizen
TAB HELP ... how to save tab selection
« on: October 31, 2021, 10:33:16 am »

I'm having trouble using Tabs or maybe I don't understand them.

I created a number of tabs and selected what I want that tab to display and then I lock the tab.

After restarting MediaCenter, all tabs are back to "Player"

How do I save the tab contents between MC restarts?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: TAB HELP ... how to save tab selection
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 10:48:45 am »

Tools > options > startup > startup interface
Set Location to "last location"

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 11:37:14 am »

Tools > options > startup > startup interface
Set Location to "last location"

Thanks.  That does save the tab set up between MC restarts.

However I prefer to MC start in PlayingNow.

I guess requirements wise... I don't see the relationship between Startup Location and preserving the TAB set up.

No problem... Tabs just won't work for the way I use MC.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 12:43:42 pm »

To state the obvious... if you have set your startup to "last location" as Marko indicated and always close MC with the Playing Now Tab active (or a zone under Playing Now if you are using zones), it will always open to Playing Now as you desire.

If you want MC to open to Playing Now regardless of which tab was active, then you can change Tools > options > startup > startup interface to Playing Now.  That option however wipes out your tabs from the previous session, which I gather is what prompted your original post.

It makes sense the default behavior should be to keep tabs between sessions regardless, or at least have a checkbox to enable that (like every web browser does that I am aware).  That way, users can have MC startup in any location they want, whether it be Playing Now, Images, Video, Playlists, etc.... AND still preserve one's curated tab setup.

Perhaps JRiver will read this thread and add that option in a coming build.  I imagine there are some who would not mind seeing Cloudplay or other streaming options added to the list of startup locations.

FYI.. the new Tab Lock feature is so that when you click on an item in the tree, it creates a new tab instead of replacing the active tab with whatever was clicked on in the Tree.

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 12:45:46 pm »

To state the obvious... if you have set your startup to "last location" as Marko indicated and always close MC with the Playing Now Tab active (or a zone under Playing Now if you are using zones), it will always open to Playing Now as you desire.

If you want MC to open to Playing Now regardless of which tab was active, then you can change Tools > options > startup > startup interface to Playing Now.  That option however wipes out your tabs from the previous session, which I gather is what prompted your original post.

It makes sense the default behavior should be to keep tabs between sessions regardless, or at least have a checkbox to enable that (like every web browser does that I am aware).  That way, users can have MC startup in any location they want, whether it be Playing Now, Images, Video, Playlists, etc.... AND still preserve one's curated tab setup.

Perhaps JRiver will read this thread and add that option in a coming build.  I imagine there are some who would not mind seeing Cloudplay or other streaming options added to the list of startup locations.

FYI.. the new Tab Lock feature is so that when you click on an item in the tree, it creates a new tab instead of replacing the active tab with whatever was clicked on in the Tree.

Thanks for the info and +1 on your suggestion for JRiver to change the TAB code to preserve the locked tabs between sessions.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2021, 12:52:22 pm »

Sure thing.  Though I meant it should preserve ALL tabs, locked or otherwise, between sessions.  That is what it does right now (preserves all tabs) for the "last location" option, but strangely not for any of the other choices.

I suppose that could be a setting nuance should JR choose to pursue it... preserve no tabs, all tabs, or locked tabs only.

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2021, 02:10:51 pm »

Sure thing.  Though I meant it should preserve ALL tabs, locked or otherwise, between sessions.  That is what it does right now (preserves all tabs) for the "last location" option, but strangely not for any of the other choices.

I suppose that could be a setting nuance should JR choose to pursue it... preserve no tabs, all tabs, or locked tabs only.

I'd be good with just saving all Locked tabs, but I can see how others may want choices.

For me... tabs is just another way to get to pages I use often.  If it would save locked tabs... I could mostly not display the tree at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up