INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loud pops through speakers when recording signal glitches  (Read 1911 times)

greynolds

• Citizen of the Universe
Loud pops through speakers when recording signal glitches
« on: November 30, 2021, 08:44:08 pm »

Has anyone else had issues with loud white noise pops through your speakers when there are brief signal glitches in recordings?  I’ve been noticing it here and there for a while now, but it was really bad while watching a hockey game tonight - it probably happened at least a dozen times.  These pops are loud enough that I’m concerned they could damage my speakers.  I never get pops like these when I get similar glitches in the TV signal on my other PC running Windows Media Center.  JRiver is configured to send bitstream audio on the HDMI output.  I’m wondering if there might be any settings I can adjust to help minimize this problem.

greynolds

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Loud pops through speakers when recording signal glitches
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 07:08:22 pm »

I have found that switching the audio device from (IIRC) WASAPI HDMI to DirectSound HDMI seems to have completely eliminated the pops through the speakers.  The downside to this approach is that audio mutes briefly when skipping over commercials and takes a moment (or so) to return.  While the briefly muted audio is less than ideal, it’s much better than the potentially speaker damaging pops.
Pages: [1]   Go Up