INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Multi Track Selection, But Not Select All  (Read 560 times)

jetpacksam

• Recent member
Feature Request: Multi Track Selection, But Not Select All
« on: November 21, 2021, 12:40:19 pm »

Hello.
Joe new buyer here, and am so far loving JRiver, but missing this feature, particularly when working on lyrics. This is not a complaint about the limitation of 10 at a time, so please do not think that.

However being able to select 10 songs, then search those 10 would be very useful.
One can then look up the bottom, say tracks 11 -17, then reverse sort by track number, select 1-10 to complete the process.

Every time i try to highlight more than one track the only action I get is to move the track.
Foobar had the ability to select groups of tracks yet not select all.
IMO, this would be a very useful feature.
Love the program, thank you.
SUCK GAS, EVILDOER!

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
Re: Feature Request: Multi Track Selection, But Not Select All
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 07:28:16 pm »

I must be missing something in your question, because of course you can select multiple tracks with MC.  After selecting the tracks you want to look up lyrics for, right click and select Library Tools -> Lookup Lyrics... from the context menu.

Every time i try to highlight more than one track the only action I get is to move the track.
This statement makes me think that you are starting the click-drag selection with the cursor positioned over text.  Make sure the cursor is over "blank space" in the line, otherwise MC interprets clicking on text directly as selecting that line only, and that you want to move it somewhere.  You may have to widen the column to create blank space, or start the click-drag in another column where there is blank space.

Alternatively, you can select the a track and shift-click on the last track of interest, and MC will select everything in between as a contiguous list (just like pretty much every program that I have used).  Hope that solves your problem.

jetpacksam

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 09:59:15 pm »

Thank you, Shift Click did help.

Also, just discovered that it's a right click to select and I had thought it was normal left.

Thank you for your help.

SUCK GAS, EVILDOER!

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 10:09:35 pm »

Glad you got it working.  I forgot that right-click drag also multi-selects.

You can do a "normal" left click-drag multi-select as well, you just have to do it as I mentioned in the previous post... make sure the cursor is over over empty space (and not text) when you first click.

jetpacksam

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 04:29:37 am »

Actually I was going to report that the regular "left click drag" did not work for me when I stumbled on the right click variation.
I was aware you couldn't have the cursor near the songs or it would grab it. However, even with no song highlighted/selected and the cursor well into the "empty space,
click drag highlighted/selected nothing. In every other scenario, my track ball acts as it should so I'm not sure whats going on.
At best it's a minor quibble, the program itself is wonderful.
Thank you again.
SUCK GAS, EVILDOER!

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 09:27:29 am »

Hmmm... that is weird.  Try one last thing.  In the Options Window, Select Tree & View from the left panel category list, then expand Advanced on the right in the settings area.  Make sure the 2nd checkbox Allow List Lasso with Left Mouse Button is checked.  If it is not, enabling that should solve the problem.  If it is already checked, then I am stumped as to why you cannot left click-drag to select.

I assume that would have been checked by default, but maybe it is not.  Not sure why there is even an option for that... what would be the use/value of disabling left click-drag to select, when that is the standard behavior in virtually every single program?  Oh well, I imagine there is some reason for it, but I can't think of any.  Maybe someone will chime in to explain how having it disabled is helpful to some specific workflow.

jetpacksam

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2021, 10:03:32 am »

BULLSEYE!
Lasso was unchecked.
Thank you very much for your help.
SUCK GAS, EVILDOER!
Pages: [1]   Go Up