INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Recent Albums  (Read 524 times)

softdevo

• Recent member
Audio Recent Albums
« on: November 21, 2021, 11:56:36 am »

I had to re-import all the audio files, so I lost the order of the recently imported albums.
How can I sort the "recent albums" list with the file date on disk so that I have the new files first and then the old files?
The import albums date is now the same for everyone.
Thanks

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio Recent Albums
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 02:22:37 pm »

I had to re-import all the audio files, so I lost the order of the recently imported albums.
How can I sort the "recent albums" list with the file date on disk so that I have the new files first and then the old files?
The import albums date is now the same for everyone.
Thanks

I got burned by this a few years ago - and immediately stopped using Import Date as a baseline.  I added a new field to the Audio Area called Date Added - this either gets filled automatically as the tracks are added to MC or manually within the Tag panel if needed.

But because this value is written to the actual FLAC file - it is used exclusively (and accurately) to track the exact add dates. Then I can sorted as needed in a View.

It takes some work but it was worth it - I am a stickler for actual library ages and when something came in.

Cheers!

VP

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Audio Recent Albums
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 07:56:28 am »

If the file system hasn't changed, you may be able to get them back with a library restore from a date before you reimported them.

Vocalpoint's way is good advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up