INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC9 Just Dissappears...  (Read 865 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
MC9 Just Dissappears...
« on: March 25, 2003, 05:30:26 am »

This has been an on-going problem for me with MC9 for a long time.

I know that MC9 is still in Beta & stability issues are to be expected but Jim keeps saying that MC9 has been stable for some time now.

For the most part that is true; except for one problem that I experience several times a week & sometimes twice in the same day... that is MC9 will suddenly produce a dialog box saying that "MC has encountered a problem & must shut down" at which point MC9 just goes away.  This will happen at any time even when I am not using the computer but the computer on.

I do not experience this behavior with any other program running on my Win XP Pro system; in fact for the first time in many years (after much hard work) I finally have a pretty stable system.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

DocLotus

Re: MC9 Just Dissappears...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 09:43:38 am »

One thing I forgot to mention is that sometimes MC9 will just disappear without the "MC has encountered a problem & must shut down" message.  One second its there playing & the next nothing... its GONE!
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 05:51:51 pm »

Problems like this are tricky to troubleshoot.  If you have any more details or ways to cause / prevent the crashes, that'd help.  Also, could you post your system info?

Hopefully we'll figure it out before too long...

(p.s. do other people have this problem?)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ErnRenner

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 07:58:17 pm »

I did have this problem (disappearing w/out warning) and I found it within the library. I accidentally updated multiple library tags when I didn't want to, and interrupted the process... when I did that - certain files shut down MC9... after clearing the library, and "re-learning" it... I havn't had the problem since. A test you can use to see if this may be the problem is to right click media library and "play" all of your files... if that shuts it down -you probably have the same problem i did... even if not - re-importing your library couldn't hurt to try. Hope it helps  ;)

DocLotus

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2003, 06:11:07 am »

I've already re-imported my library.  In fact, I have gone so far as to completely un-install MC including the database.  I then removed all mentions in the Registry to JRiver, Media Center & Media Jukebox.   I then re-booted the computer, did a complete new install of MC9 including re-installing my license from the web site... same problem!

I am using all WMA music files.  I remember many builds ago there was a problem similar to this one regarding WMA files but it was fixed.  Could it be that the problem was not totally fixed or somehow has returned?
Pages: [1]   Go Up