INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to play individual m2ts files inside a BDMV Streams folder from within MC?  (Read 665 times)

bogdanbz

• World Citizen

I have several BluRays ripped to my hard disk drives.

I often want to play only some m2ts files inside the Streams folder of the BluRay, but they don't show up as individual files in the MC interface: neither in Theater View, nor in the Standard View. Only a single entry is listed, which is always for the main title only. So, no way to start playback directly of some bonus file on the BluRay.

I did find a workaround though. If I use the Windows File Explorer and select from the context menu of the m2ts file to open it with JRiver, then playback of that m2ts file is started in "standalone" mode in JRiver.

However, I really like using Theater View in JRiver all the time, and was wondering fi there is a way to play individual m2ts files from a BluRay Streams folder directly from MC.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

Welcome to the forum! 

MC Supports the Full BD Structure and and also has Menu playback, so you have a few ways of accessing and playing the various content from the discs
1) Tools --> Options --> Video --> Blu-ray Playback --> Play Blu-ray discs using Menus --> change to On or Ask (I use Ask as the default) then you have access to all content as designed by the authoring house
2) When playing the video you can see and select the Playlist you want to play via the OSD
3) Expose the BD Playlists as separate entries (called Particles) in MC (good for TV Shows with multiple entries on a single disc).  To do this select the BD entry, then Right Click--> Stacks-->Advanced--> AutoCreate BD/DVD Title Particles.  You can now also tag them up individually etc.

Note: with BD it is preferable to use the Playlist (MPLS) rather than the M2TS files.  Prior to full BD Support I used to muck around getting the M2TS files imported into MC but thankfully the need to do this has long gone.
JRiver CEO Elect

bogdanbz

• World Citizen

Thank you for your answer!

Should I understand there is no way to play m2ts files individually then, only playlists? This is not quite what I wanted, there are cases where I want to play a m2ts file, and not the playlist containing it. :(

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

I too thought that playing a M2TS file directly is a good thing... the Playlist is simply better.  Give it a go first and see what you think.
JRiver CEO Elect

bogdanbz

• World Citizen

3) Expose the BD Playlists as separate entries (called Particles) in MC (good for TV Shows with multiple entries on a single disc).  To do this select the BD entry, then Right Click--> Stacks-->Advanced--> AutoCreate BD/DVD Title Particles.  You can now also tag them up individually etc.

I don't see the "Stacks" option in the context menu of the BD entry (under the Drives & Devices -> Explorer node). Is there anything else that has to be enabled in MC to have it visible?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Looks like you need to import the content into the library first.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up