INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We have a big video problem  (Read 1327 times)

Will_L.

• Junior Woodchuck
We have a big video problem
« on: March 12, 2003, 03:28:11 am »

This is very frustrating. We have Media Center 9 running downstairs in the Living Room to pimp out to all of our friends. Everyone is loathe to play any videos though.

The first video played is fine. Jumps up on the TV full screen 800 x 600. But the next video (and any after) play in the top left of the screen in a window that can only be 200 x 200. The only fix we have is to rght click the video, select show in window and then maximize that window. We have to do this for every video played.

Thanks for any help and cheers,

Will
www.thrillahill.com
Will

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: We have a big video problem
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2003, 04:10:25 am »

What version?  If it isn't the latest, please try it.

What kind of files are you playing?

If you right click on the display screen, you can set the video image size.  Same as desktop is usually best.

formix

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 05:00:43 am »

I have also noticed this, and have used the same work-around.  I am using the latest download version.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 05:01:12 am »

There are other problems besides that.

Let's say you have a playlist of video clips. Start playing that playlist, then jump to Hairstyle. The currently playing video is in the PIP just fine.

Now, either wait for MC to move on to the next video or change tracks yourself. Now the PIP window is only showing a piece of the video. You have to jump out of Hairstyle and then back before it will fit in the PIP window.

Will_L.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2003, 06:11:34 am »

I've upgraded to the latest release and the problem is now just a wee bit worse. Now when a video ends the "PIP" (new to me) says "can't open" and then is cut off and I have a bunch of controls on the TV (which I hate because I like the fact that the when the videos end the TV just turns black like it turned off - very cool). Then the next video won't play and I have to hit the play button in the playing now menu. THEN I still have to change the display to window then maximize it.

So is there any way to fix this and can I get rid of the annoying controls that pop on the TV after the video. Oh and I have no idea what hairstyles are and never use them.

Pertinent Info:
Media Center Registered 9.0.124 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1208 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 20 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: BTC      BCE1610IM          Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

And I have an EVGA Geforce2 with Tv out latest drivers and no problems with it.

Media Center really is a rockin proggie but this video glitch really sucks.

Thanks,

Will.
www.thrillahill.com
Will

akak718

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2003, 08:49:01 pm »

I find this odd since I play lists of videos all the time and don't have this problem. Most (or is it all?) of the video types are actually played by MC sort of hijacking other players. So if you use a windows media file, Windows media player is actually used to play it back. If you use real video, RealPLayer is used to play it back. I mainly use Real Video and have RealOne Player2 installed on my system, which is what MC uses to play those back. What format files are you playing, and what program is installed to play that format? Maybe the problem is with the external player, not MC itself.

-Lou

Will_L.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2003, 07:51:55 am »

The latest build .133 fixed this right up. Hooray!

Now can anyone tell me if I can set things up to where when a video file/list ends MC will NOT go to the Hairstyle mode.

Everything looks so much cooler when the TV simply goes black.

Thanks for all the help.

Will
www.thrillahill.com
Will
Pages: [1]   Go Up