INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume Control and Default Audio  (Read 677 times)

sraymond

Volume Control and Default Audio
« on: March 20, 2003, 05:00:52 pm »

I've finally figured out the pattern to MC not controlling the audio in one of my two zones:  MC only seems to control the audio of the of the Control Panel's Sound and Audio|Audio|Sound Playback|Default Device.  Am I the only one to have this problem?  Is there a know fix?  For what it's worth, I have an SB Audigy and an AC'97.

Scott-

Media Center Registered 9.0.132 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1672 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 141 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive I:          RW-241040          Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

dougc

Re: Volume Control and Default Audio
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2003, 06:09:25 pm »

I've finally figured out the pattern to MC not controlling the audio in one of my two zones:  MC only seems to control the audio of the of the Control Panel's Sound and Audio|Audio|Sound Playback|Default Device.  Am I the only one to have this problem?  Is there a know fix?

No, you're not the only one.  I have a similar setup (motherboard audio as zone 1 and system default, USB audio as zone 2 and MC default).  I've seen the same thing for many builds.  I repeatedly reported it but received no responses.  My workaround is to use girder and a remote control.

Doug

sraymond

Re: Volume Control and Default Audio
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 07:38:33 am »

JRiver:

Is this a recognized problem, or am I part of an elite group of two?  (three if Jaguu is talking about the same thing)

I, too, use Girder to control the volume, but it's a kludgy work-around.

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up