INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last skipped  (Read 602 times)

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
Last skipped
« on: December 08, 2021, 03:49:20 pm »

I was cleaning up some of my playlists this afternoon.  As I was scrolling through some of the tunes on the playlists, I thought to myself, gee, it would be useful if there were a database field that indicated that I started to play a song but punted before the song completed.

On a lark, I looked through the database fields already in place, and I saw "Last skipped."

Well, kudos to whoever had the forethought to see into the future that I might need and use that exact field this afternoon.

Thank-you.

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Last skipped
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 11:07:59 pm »

:)

Some things to bear in mind:

"Last Skipped" and "Skip Count" are updated if you punt the song before it is 50% played. If you punt the song after that, it will be considered as played, and the last played/number plays fields are updated instead.

Also, remember, that if you stop a track, because, say, you have to go out, and it is less than 50% played, that will also count as a skip.

The fields can be useful as a loose guide, but there is a fair amount of fuzziness introduced by the above.

-marko

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Last skipped
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 05:47:55 pm »

:)

Some things to bear in mind:

Thanks for the followup with the details.

The "fuzziness" makes sense, and works along what I expected.

Good stuff.

thx.
=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones
Pages: [1]   Go Up