INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pixilated Deep Blacks  (Read 426 times)

Snookboy

• Recent member
Pixilated Deep Blacks
« on: December 07, 2021, 02:23:30 pm »

I have had this issue since first using JRiver about a decade ago.  First I attributed it to hardware but at this point, I can't think that to be the case.  I am talking about deep blacks pixilating.  We were watching a 2.35 movie the other night with black bars top and bottom and it was just horribly pixilated, I can easily post a picture of that.  Of course it happens within the movie also, where it is very distracting. 

Hardware wise, I can't believe I have an issue.  Recent i9 processor, 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2070 Super for the HTCP.  HDMI to JBL SPD-55 processor, HDMI to LG OLED77CXPUA TV. 

I have video set to Red October HQ, (although I have had this set otherwise in the past with lesser video cards with same results).   What can I/should I look at settings wise to address this?  Thank you. 

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Pixilated Deep Blacks
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 12:27:42 am »

Just guessing, but it sounds like your colour space is wrong (or mismatched between different parts of the video decoding and rendering chain).  There are two colour spaces 16-235 (sometimes called Limited or Video) and 0-255 (Full or PC).  In the nvidia control panel have a look in Change Resolution --> Use NVIDIA colour settings --> Output dynamic range.  Also try JRVR instead of ROHQ .
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up