INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Options>Media Network>Client Options>Audio Conversion - what does it do?  (Read 745 times)

swcng2001

• Recent member

Hello,

Can someone please explain what this feature under "Client Options" does? How does this tie into the "Add or configure DLNA servers">Audio>Mode and Advanced>Audio Formats to convert settings?

I use JRiver as a DLNA/UPnP server and strictly for music only. My setup is Mac mini(JRiver 29) > LAN Ethernet > SoTM SMS200 > SoTM txUSBUltra > USB > Ayon Audio Stealth DAC.

The Ayon DAC is capable of playing PCM (FLAC, WAV, etc) up to 192/24 and DSD over PCM (DoP) up to DSD128. I am trying to ensure that I can play lossless files without any compromises to the SQ.

What should I do with the Audio Conversion setting? Also, what does the Encoder and Audio Formats to covert settings in that same screen do?

These options seem to be duplicates or at least do not make sense to me. So how do these settings affect the other setting under Options>Add or Configure DLNA servers>Audio>Mode and the Advanced>Audio Formats to convert settings?

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up