INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyze Audio...  (Read 1642 times)

AZ_JazzyJ

• Recent member
  • Is there anything cooler than baseball?
Analyze Audio...
« on: March 23, 2003, 10:22:19 am »

I downloaded 133 yesterday and installed it on my computer.  I began to import media from a previous version of MMJB.  Once I had the tracks and CDs in the Media Library, I attempted to execute the Analyze Audio command on approximately 1700 songs.  The application worked on this for a couple of hours going through roughly 300 songs.  I was then presented with an error message from Windows XP Pro stating tht my virtual memory was dangerously low and MC9 quit.  I rebooted the computer and everything ran normally.  I went back to Analyze Audio and gave it again the same 1700 songs (of which 300 seem to be successfully analyzed).  The application again ran for 2-3 hours this time getting through roughly 400 songs before I was again given an XP error message about virtual memory being low.  MC9 is the only application running at the time and I have 512MB of RAM and 60GB of free space on my drive so I don't believe hardware is the issue.  It almost appears there is a memory leak (at least that would be my first guess) in the Analyze Audio routine.  Thought you guys might want to look into that.  

Jeff

paulj

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Analyze Audio...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2003, 02:38:52 pm »

I also had this problem with build 133 on XP. It crashed after just a couple of hundred tracks out of 2400 MP3 tracks. None of the tracks were corrupt as none failed while being processed by MP3gain.

There doesn't seem to be a consistent memory leak per track. I'm watching it now and it's got through 200 with only 10MB increase of memory useage (probably caused by me loading up interact).

zevele10

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 02:48:52 pm »

Running Windows 2000
After 500 songs analysed ,i had memory usage hight at the top of the window in Task Manager.
Just before my computer crash i closed MC and after one second i had memory usage back at the bottom of the window.
Quite a problem if you think Analyse audio is the kind of task you do over night with downloads,p2p and server working.

paulj

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 06:47:38 pm »

Just an update on my second attempt at analyzing those 2400 tracks.

It's now done 1350 with no increase of memory usage. My guess is there was a 'bad' MP3 in the list and somehow MJ isn't as forgiving as MP3gain.

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2003, 01:23:55 am »

I am not sure.
But look like that if you put different formats together  to analyze ,you get this memory problem.
I will check again.
PS: in my case a mix of mp3 and ogg.Mp3 from the weeb ,ogg from rip

If i analyze only mp3 or only ogg ,i do not have problem.
If i mix ,memory usage goes UP

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2003, 01:45:52 am »

At any rate, this is a bug that the team knows about (Jim raised this prob in a "big bugs left" thread).

Here's holding thumbs:)

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs
Pages: [1]   Go Up