INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Set Up REW  (Read 1024 times)

Bigpoppapump

• Recent member
Set Up REW
« on: December 13, 2021, 06:28:31 pm »

I have followed the DSP Studio instructions re REW set up in JRiver Media. I have down loaded the hifi cable and asio and have gotten as far as hearing a test signal thru my speakers. when I open DSP studio and go to the analyzer page, I do not get a wobbling straight line. How do I get this train back on the rails? I am using windows 10 and J river 28. I will add the bitdepth instructions are not in sync with JR 28 and I suspect the issue is there. Thanks in advance

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Set Up REW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 02:33:50 am »

Do you mean you are playing a signal through jriver and you hear that being output but the analyser shows nothing? What do the level readings say at the top of that screen? Do you have it set to process independently of volume? Can you show a picture of it with your settings?

Bigpoppapump

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 10:42:09 am »

that is correct and here are some pictures to check settings. I hear pink noise thru the speakers but see nothing in the dsp analyzer.
Here are my settings as requested. Thank you for your response. I see you are the REW Guru!

Bigpoppapump

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 10:46:50 am »

Here is the follow up pictures of the next step

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 01:59:00 am »

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, measure your speakers/room with MC in the chain or verify the configuration in DSP Studio itself.

from those pics, you are playing directly from REW to your DAC which means MC is never going to be involved.

If the intent is to measure MC then https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Verifying_DSP_Studio#Install_and_Configure_HifiCable explains that the signal chain should be REW -> MC WDM -> MC -> Loopback -> REW

if the intent is to measure the speakers then the signal chain would be REW -> MC WDM -> MC -> DAC and then mic -> REW

in neither case will REW be outputting to the DAC

Bigpoppapump

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 09:38:37 am »

My interest is to measure the speakers while using JRiver Media. I have the MC_WDM installed now and am getting a signal on the dsp analyzer. What I need help is in understanding the step by step settings that produce this:
"REW -> MC WDM -> MC -> DAC and then mic -> REW"
Thanks in advance.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 03:20:25 pm »

My interest is to measure the speakers while using JRiver Media. I have the MC_WDM installed now and am getting a signal on the dsp analyzer. What I need help is in understanding the step by step settings that produce this:
"REW -> MC WDM -> MC -> DAC and then mic -> REW"
Thanks in advance.
configure REW to output as per https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Verifying_DSP_Studio#Configure_REW

the rest is normal use of MC/REW
Pages: [1]   Go Up