INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Hairstyle (long)  (Read 1031 times)

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
Let's talk about Hairstyle (long)
« on: March 23, 2003, 02:56:06 am »

Matt (and anyone who cares),

just as I already said... here's more about hairstyle (currently using .133):

1) it would be great to be able to see the end of the seek bar when sitting a few meters from the tv. adding a divider that looks like a button (or just something with edges like a button) would be of real help here

2) when jumping back from fullscreen-vis to hairstyle right now you allways show hairstyle's root. it would be a lot better (in my eyes) to just be where I was when I switched from hairstyle to fs-vis.

3) switching from hairstyle to fs-vis using mcc (wParam 22009, IParam 2) doesn't work. (using bspachman's .gml) doesn't work

4) how about a on screen display showing about the same stuff as the player's display (current position, (file)name, artist, ...

5) when in hairstyle and starting to play (a video) it would be great to automatically switch to fs-vis (no, I don't want to switch to fs-vis when in MM or mm), just as you currently switch from fs-vis to hairstyle when stopping.

6) an option to media views to show them (or not) in hairstyle

7) deleting a file in hairstyle and deleting currently playing file in hairstyle and fs-vis using MCC_DELETE doesn't work (I mean _delete_ not remove from library ;-). this is something I need when watching tv recordings that I just want to see once)

8) lowering the navigational sounds' volume when nothing is playing. the volume is ok while there's something playing, but too loud when it's silent.

9) accellerate ff/rew when holding the remote's button for a extended time (like start with small jumps and go to longer jumps when more then
  • -events came in during recent time and they didn't stop for more then [y] seconds)

10) show onscreen display (once implemented ;-)) and/or show bars in (fs-)vis when doing ff/rew

11) when thumbnails are not available, MC 'hangs' for a few (or more) seconds when switching to a new item on hairstyle. It would be a lot better to first show the no-thumbnail-icon and filling them in as they are built in background. or at least show a "wait" message while building thumbnails.

from http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1047347478;start=50#64

12) It would be great to have a command (for mjextman) that syncronises a folder strukture with MC's database. This would a) import all files in these folder/sub folders and b) remove any entries from MC's database that point to files in that area that don't exist anymore... (again for watching tv recordings ;-))

13) It would be great to navigate in MC9 without needing MC9 to be the top window. Could you add MCCs for UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT and ENTER (select)?
    Girders keyboard stuff only seems to be able to target MC9 when it's in forground or alternatively directly target the list or the tree, but I don't know how to check which one is active (or even if MC is in fs-vis or hairstyle or mm)

and one more idea that is by Nila in http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1048270370

14) possibilty to have three different default track info pages for MM, hairstyle and fs-vis

ok... that's it (for now ;-) ). I know it's a lot, but I've been using Sh*wSh*fter for more than two years now and even though it's realy great, MC's hairstyle is so much better in a lot of things (like organisation). I'm nearing the point where I'm going the switch, but there are a few ;-) things missing to make it nearly perfect.

Ingo

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Let's talk about Hairstyle (long)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 04:28:29 am »

Thanks Ingo.

Keep this list handy and remind us now and again.  Slowly we should be able to get most of these hammered out.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 04:40:24 am »

Sounds great Matt, I'll bump this thread from time to time ;-) hopfully setting a some items done :-)

Ingo

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 11:03:59 pm »

I would add a vote for making Hairstyle usable with any of the following (as opposed to a combination thereof):

1) Mouse
2) Keyboard
3) Windows messages / Girder

Today it's not usable with the mouse, for example, which is my preferred control method since I got a gyro wireless mouse.  You can click the buttons, but you can't go back again.  Or have I missed something?

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2003, 12:44:33 am »

Hi Zoner,

you're probably right about using the mouse. I don't seem to be able to move up in the hirarchy using the regular mouse buttons. It is possible to use the 'back' button on my 5-button mouse to do it, but this probably isn't what most people have ;-(

Ingo

p.s.: great to see I'm not the only one interested in improving hairstyle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up