INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to colour code the background for the text in Playlists?  (Read 789 times)

baldo

• World Citizen
Any way to colour code the background for the text in Playlists?
« on: December 26, 2021, 03:23:37 pm »

I would love to change the background colour for sections of the playlist. At the moment there are just two colours, light and dark.

It would be great ot have a different colour for the dark section for say the first 10 tracks (Still alternating between light ant dark) and then another colour for tracks 11- 25(say) and then another colour for tracks 26 - 40 (say) etc etc.  Would just make it easier to see the overall structure of a playlist.

Would be useful becuase I have playlists that can be about 15 - 20 hours long and it would be great to see it in one snap shot.

Many thanks

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Any way to colour code the background for the text in Playlists?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 07:56:03 pm »

You cannot make those changes directly in the MC GUI (if that if that is what you are looking for).  These colors are different for each skin, and you have to edit the desired skin's main.xml file to modify background colors (via changing hex color codes in several locations).

As for designating rows 1 -15 to use one alternating pair of colors, and then subsequent row "sets" use different alternating pair of colors? No - not possible. You would have to put in a feature request, but I find it highly doubtful something like that would ever be implemented.  As someone who has created skins, I personally would not welcome having to design for that, and every current MC skin would have to be updated to accommodate such a change if it were implemented.

I suggest reading the first post here https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128460.0.html.  If after reading that you still want to pursue changing the background colors for a specific skin, then download the Dream-in-Blue skin.  Not to use that skin, but simply to get the main+comments.xml that is included in the download.  With the instructions/notes found in the main+comments.xml as reference, open the main.xml file for the skin you want to modify and change the background hex codes to your preferred color(s). Off the top of my head, you will need to make edits in the LIST and VIEW HEADER sections, but there may be additional sections I'm forgetting.

Also... if you are editing a skin that comes with MC by default (Modern Cards, Noire, Aruba, Green Eyes, Thunderstorm, among others), be sure to change the skin name in the XML file itself - otherwise, anytime MC updates it will overwrite your edits.  This is explained further in the main+comments.xml.  Good luck!

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Any way to colour code the background for the text in Playlists?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 03:36:25 am »

If you use expression columns you can use, eg:

<font fgcolor="#FFFF00"></font>

to change colours
Pages: [1]   Go Up