INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC28 crashes latest versions / TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception  (Read 847 times)

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck

If MC28 runs some files, it gets slower and slower and finally crashes without any message. The log just shows an unhandled exception (TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception). Tried everything from changing graphic and sound drivers, deactivate all unnecessary devices including the embedded CPU GPU, even moving MC and all files to a different drive, unsuccessful! I'm running some zones and I can reproduce the behaviour with just playing a file, skipping multiple files forward or backward and MC crashes after some skips. Moved then to an older version MC280053 and everything runs stable now again. Running an AMD Ryzen 5700G on an ASUS X570-Pro and NVIDIA RTX 2070. The performance graphs and all loads were very low at all time. It happens with images, sound- or moviefiles. As the situation is solved for me by now, I'm blocked for any updates.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Antivirus?

What OS?

What version of MC?

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck

- Antivirus off
- Windows 11 22483.1011
- Sorry, tried not every MC version in between, but the issues exists for sure with 28.0.92 & 28.0.94
- For a quick reproduction of the issue: Play a video in one zone, play some images in another zone, skip some images with MCC 10003 and MC will crash after a while

JimH

• Administrator

What antivirus are you using? 

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck

Just Windows Defender. Settings according to this forum. Disabling antivirus makes no difference.

JimH

• Administrator

I'm sorry, but I don't know.  Try this thread and the antivirus thread linked in the first post for ideas.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,24031.300.html

Start at the end and work back.

Are you certain there's no other security software running?

Are the drives internal?

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck

Really appreciate your feedback, unfortunately I have to say again there is absolutely no security software running besides. I will definitely work through your suggested thread in the next few days. But I just wonder why version 53 runs without any problems at all. Will report back when I've gone through the suggested steps.

JimH

• Administrator

That's common with antivirus software.  It might allow most builds (53, etc.) but then flag one.  Happens all the time.  A newer build might then work. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up