INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with setting rules for file display when customizing a library view  (Read 508 times)

ferrarabrainpan

• World Citizen

I want to find an easy way to create a library view for all my hi-res music, as distinct from CD quality 16/44.1 and lossy MP3. As I understand it, when I add more than one new rule then for a file to be displayed in that library view the file must meet the criteria for all given rules, not just any one of the rules. What I'm saying is in effect putting an "and" between each subsequent rule to specify that if a file only matches the criteria of one or two out of three rules then it is not included in that view. Am I correct?

Regarding what I want to be included in a library view for hi-res music, I have these criteria:

1. Bit depth is greater than 16, OR
2. Sample rate is greater than 44100, OR
3. File type is dsf

But how can I go about creating a scheme where only one of these three conditions must be met in order to be considered as part of the hi-res library view? It's tricky because I have many downloads that are 24-bit 44.1 kHz which I consider to be hi-res even though the sample rate is the same as CD quality. And with DSD files in dsf file format, the bit depth is only 1 so it does not meet the conditions of rule #1 above.

How would I go about setting rules to create such a library view, to avoid the more laborious option of tagging all files I consider to be hi-res with a custom keyword and then creating a rule based on that keyword?

It's not essential for me to have this desired library view, but I'd like to do it if there is a way that is not too convoluted.
"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

When you set up the display rules, you can hover your mouse on the left side of the entries and a window will pop up for you to select either "and" or "or".

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!

FYI...  If you don't see the tooltip popup, then you have show tooltips turned off.  Go to Tools/Option/Tree & View/List/Show Tooltips and then choose Yes from drop-down menu.

ferrarabrainpan

• World Citizen

When you set up the display rules, you can hover your mouse on the left side of the entries and a window will pop up for you to select either "and" or "or".

Thank you, that does the trick! This program is amazing once you learn how to utilize its many levels and features.
"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel
Pages: [1]   Go Up