INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Only Mode  (Read 558 times)

vbphil

• World Citizen
Audio Only Mode
« on: January 01, 2022, 04:18:53 pm »

I uninstalled and then reinstalled MC28 and found that some settings are not preserved and have to be set up again. Like External Encoder.

Anyway, I'm sure there was a setting for "Audio Only mode" or something like that but I can't find it anywhere.
Any ideas or am I nuts?

thanks,   -phil

vbphil

• World Citizen
Re: Audio Only Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 04:39:02 pm »

Found it under the View menu.     :-[

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 08:39:59 pm »

Glad you found the audio only setting.

In theory, ALL settings should be preserved by a database backup:  File > Library > backup library . Then when you reinstall, move computers, upgrade, etc, you restore the backup with File > Library > restore library.  In this restore process you can choose to restore the library entries (references to your music, movies, etc), or your settings, or both.  Restoring your settings should get just about everything.  It definitely should get the audio only setting.

Brian.

vbphil

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 08:34:51 am »

Glad you found the audio only setting.

In theory, ALL settings should be preserved by a database backup:  File > Library > backup library . Then when you reinstall, move computers, upgrade, etc, you restore the backup with File > Library > restore library.  In this restore process you can choose to restore the library entries (references to your music, movies, etc), or your settings, or both.  Restoring your settings should get just about everything.  It definitely should get the audio only setting.

Brian.

Thanks Brian. I did a backup before uninstalling but never did a restore after the re-install. I guess I was thinking that the settings were in the Library but I guess that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. I just did a restore and the Audio Only and External Encoder settings were also restored. Everything is back to normal.  -phil

Pages: [1]   Go Up