INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experimented audio/videosettings ended with no voice videoplay(must use jrss mix  (Read 691 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

I am bewildered! I dont know what to do about this.

Windows 10 pro
8g ram ddr3
amd phenom ii x4 965
lg tv oled65b1
use a simple usb dac(hrt streamer 2) and cyrus v8 amplifier
stereo shelf spekers
subwoofer

my setup is stereo and subwoofer not sourround.

I have two desktops one for Tv and one for my "office".

My TV desktop: I use red october HQ. and have checked "hardware accelerated video decoding when possible" and "videoclock" and "optimize hardware decoding for performance" I also went into madvr and set rendering exlusive and windows mode to 2 frames in advance.

I have bought a Inno3d nvidia gt 1030 graphic card. I use JRiver for music and play downloaded movies. I also just bought a oled 120hz tv. I have the recommended settings(high power usage setting in windows and exclusive setting in sound setting for windows. I played a bit with settings to get better smoothly videoplay. the card is able to manage 4k hdr 60hz, i tried 120hz but that only made judder or struttering(I dont know the difference) but videohandling was not smooth. I went into nvidia control panel and set vertical synchr to "on" and as I tried different things. And then I went into screensettings in windows(windows 10 pro) there where new setting that I did not try before(and i think maybe this is cause the mess I am in now". In windows screensetting one can scroll down to the bottom and there are two links: advanced screensetting and graphicsettings. In advanced setting one are allowed to choose hz setting. Here it allowed me to choose 120 hz so I want to try this. And then I went into graphicsettings. here one can activate hardware accelerated gpu planning(need restart of windows to activate it). and underneath one are allowed to choose performance settings graphics for programs on the computer. here I choose jriver and nvidia control panel and choose "let windows decide". I got very smooth video play. panning was very very good and also type shift and "j" and it showed 120hz video play.
I was very happy and I thought one could get more out of my card. I played several movies and afte some days suddenly everything resetted voliently even my tvs picture settings changed to "eco" which I think is the setting out of the box for lg tv. After this I got low voice almost no sound..but moviemusic or other sounds was audible but not voices. this was on everything even without red october hq. But it could play music files. I use same setting for music and movies which is stereo setup with a subwoofer, no sourround. And also the accident happened when I started a 4k hdr movie and then there where no voices only other sounds in the movies.

after this I took out the card supecting this was maybe ruined. I did not found any way to fix it. I reinstalled windows and tryed again. and installed jriver and nvidia driver and control panel. set batterisetting at high and soundsetting in exlusive mode..like normal. but when I sat the gt 1030 card in again. and nothing was changed the problem persisted. I finnally find out that I had to choose dsp and format output and check "output format" and also I have to activat jrss mixing(recommended). So now I get sound.

So I now got sound. but it should not be this way. I want to fix it and I want to skip jrss mixing(I find music play better at this setting for my subwoofer).

I suspected that may card could be ruind. I try to set into my office pc. The graphic card messed this pc too.  and not only that when I put the old graphic card back(a amd redeon hd 5450 old card) I still have the same problem. I have not reinstalled jriver here because I now have only 5 times left on my licence until may. Maybe on my office computer only a reinstall of jriver is what is needed.

Does anybody know what I should do here.

I ordered a new inno3d nvidia gt 1030 card now. but I am afraid what could happen to it since now my old amd 5450 hd card having the same problem on office pc(maybe as I said only a reinstall here is needed, but I wanted to here at the forum before I continue)

And my Tv pc I dont know what to do..I am afraid to just install the new card into it. maybe I should take out the (most likely) damaged inno3d card and just flash new bios  and maybe install a my old processor (amd phenom ii x4 965) reinstall install windows and then install jriver and set it up (battery settings and soundsetting to exlusive) and then install the new card. I really dont want to do all that but I maybe this could help unless there is som damage to mainboard aswell(but I dont think it is broken though but who know )

I Hope there are anybody that could know or could give me some advice. I should be able to play music and video without activating dsp studio at all. One thing also jriver automatically check/activate tone and tempo in dsp when I play movies. So something is not like it should be here.

Thomas

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Your problems sound like they were caused by a rogue driver update, likely via Windows update. When this happens it's common for Windows to reset the default speaker format from multichannel to stereo in the Windows sound settings, especially for discrete cards.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

Thank You for responding!

It was already set at stereo(there wher no other choices). I went through with it anyway, but still same result and it also automatically changed my picture settings on my tv from moviemaker mode to game mode(but this I could not reproduce though so probably not important). Anyway if dsp studios output format and tempo&pitch is unticked and I choose a videofile and play it there are no voicesound. but still output format and tempo&pitch is always on(ticked)(It is forced), when I go into dsp studio and  I am not allowed to disable it(yes I can untick it but when I close jriver and start a movie again and go into dsp studio both are ticked(activated9 again. But I am allowed to deactivate and activate jrss mixing and it is this whats decide if I get voicesound or not. so jrss mixing is the "culprit" and output and tempo&pitch is always on even when I untick it. it is always on(automatically/forced).

Something is messed up here, but I dont have a clu how to fix it. Something happened when experimented with 120 hz in windows screensetting and also in displaysettings in windows and scroll down there are two links/settings: advanced displaysetting (where you can select 120 hz) and graphicssetting (where there are two settings, one called: hardware accelerated gpu planning(my settings is in norwegian so it is just translated by me) and below one can search out programs like jriver. and then jriver icon.exe(which you search and choose) is shown below and you then click on jriver.exe and alternatives(her you get 3 choices, (1)let windows decide, (2) powersaving gpu nvidia gt 1030(my new card) and (3) high performance gpu nvidia gt 1030. And I chose let windows decide. I did the same to nvidia control panel program. I dont know it this is important info.

but when I the accident( I activated a 4k hdr movie) happened my tv lost scaling (the screen was less wide and had black stripes on the sides. and changed my picture settings to eco(so that happened to my tv) and JRiver gave me the problems I have tried to explain in the first post and also here in this post.

Something happened and I am out of suggestions. and I also have the same problem after installing the new graphic card into my new office pc(here also activating and deactivating decides if I get "voices" in videoplaying. engines and filmmusic is audible. (even when I installed back the old card that it was using initially).

could it be a windows registry problem or mainboard? I looks to me the gt 1030 card destroys the pc and jriver it is installed in.

edit: also I forgot to mention that when I click on test speaker..it first got a that familiar test sound but it also was a some "clicking" or "blipping" sound and when i do it again it is clean sound again. but sometimes it doesnt on the first test.

The reason I want this fixed is because i want to be able to play music and video without jrss activated(I think my sub is behaving better then together with the speakers).

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

Whoa there Thomas, slow down!
You are reporting a lot of issues in a most confusing manner which makes it difficult to provide assistance.
I appreciate English is not your first language, but you need to be less verbose in your posts.

As I understand it you have 2 issues:

1. You want to configure your audio output to work effectively with a 2 channel (stereo) output that has it's own subwoofer management.
2. You have a configuration issue and possible faulty graphics card which is causing problems with video playback.

As I see it these 2 problems are NOT connected and should be dealt with separately.

So a couple of suggestions:

1. For the audio issue if you are playing multichannel audio (5.1 etc) you must use JRSS to downmix all the channels to the 2 channel output. As your subwoofer is being managed outside of JRiver MC28 you don't need to worry about the subwoofer management.
So your DSP Output Format should be set to 2 channels (stereo), the Subwoofer section (below the Channels section) HAS NO EFFECT in this configuration and can be ignored.

2. For the video issue you need to establish if the Nvidia card is working correctly by installing the latest Nvidia drivers and then use either RO standard or JRVR to test the video, this will eliminate Madvr (RO HQ).
I really don't think using 120hz refresh is a good choice for that particular graphics card.
Why not use the 'Display Settings' 'Automatic change mode' in the Tools>Options>Video to match the refresh rate to the input video frame rate.
In my experience the JRVR video renderer is giving much better results for the playback of HDR content on Windows 10 than ROHQ.
I would definitely recommend that you try JRVR.

Hope you find this helpful, please try and be more concise (giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive.)with any replies.

If I have not correctly understood your issues then please post (as briefly and clearly as possible) what they are.

Thanks
Terry
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

Hi!

Thank You for very helpful Post. I thought I could skip jrss mixing. that this made the subwoofer react diffently. but this is not so and it is necessary to give stereo output, since all movies are surround. I also got confused since i got stuttering in movie play. I found out now that the soundproblem was imbedded into the moviefile. Unbelievable! I was sure that something was destoyed. But it was the movie file. I use the alien movie covenant. and I downloaded it in both 1080 and 4k . and both had the same problem. when I tried it on my fahters laptop one could hear the soundproblem(high light sound from wind instrument) reproduce itself there also but less audible, but it was there. So that was a rear incident. never come across before a movie that had soundfault imbedded in the file(I tried 4 different versions/files). I became blind thinking there was a soundproblem after everything changed(accident) after enabling 120hz most likely(maybe the graphic card overheated and then it happened).

Also my pc freezes sometimes not even ctrl alt del work. it freezes completely. I have never found out what causes this, strange.

On your 2) recommandation. the rendering was better. this is a new feature. I just tried it. It was very smooth. Thank You. I also tried hdr(ticked both 'passthroug hdr'(this did not activate hdr play of the movie) but when I ticked 'os hdr support' then it played hdr, but I did not like the picture. to saturated and oversharp settings(look similar to lcd picture, I like more natural looking picture)
and to use 'automatic change mode' in displaysettings. I am not sure how to  use this. I just choose to turn it 'on'  but I did not see any changes (ctrl + j , picture shows in 59.99hz). I don expect you to show me. I have to find out myself. But thank You for showing me this. Generally I find it hard to find out how to use J River. Now that I see the how good jrvr I certainly will found out more about it.

update! I had to choose jrvr because it gave the best result. but I still got problems..the picture stops and pixelate. But Jrvr was better but still problems. It looks like this happens when I play from large files like 50 gb. Are ther any way to change settings in jrvier and jrvr to solve this?

Thank You for helping me, Terry!
Pages: [1]   Go Up