INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Current Wish List  (Read 618 times)

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
Current Wish List
« on: March 21, 2003, 07:43:30 am »

3 or 4 things have come off the list over the past month or so: sorting, playlist exporting, database backup naming.  Still holding out hope that the others will make it in before Media Extravaganza version 23. :)

Current Wish List:

• Burn Lists.
    Save cd cover layout,
    CD-TEXT Artist and Title,
    CD-TEXT track name format string  I.E.  "[ARTIST] / [NAME]"
    track by track crossfade or gap, equalizer, replay gain, etc.
    directory formats for data CDs,
    etc, etc.
    Pick a list, send to the burner and get the same results every time.

• Parallized ripper.
    Parallelize the ripping process if more than one cd reader is available AND parallelize the encoding process.  The current "rip and encode simultaneously" option is the SLOWEST of all.  As many people have commented, the MJv7 mechanism was better.  See http://peakin.com/music/rip_comparison.html  The encoding process should work the same way for conversions.  

• The disposition of the source and destination file for a conversion should be specified separately:  For the source file: Keep, Uncatalog, Uncatalog and Delete.  For the destination: Catalog, Don't Catalog.  You should also be able to specify a directory and file naming format string for the destination file.

• Calculated database fields talked about  here.  I'd also ask for the ability to specify a default value when defining the field.  I.E.  The default for my new "Album Artist" field would be "[Artist]".  Then I can put "(Soundtrack)", "(Genre Mix)" or the like in the field for specific tracks as I see fit.

• Replay Gain.
    Manual track specific adjustment of gain, intensity, BPM and peak level.  When analyzing large batches, you should be able to select the number of parallel analyzes to run.  

• Optimize and debug for SMP machines (without hurting single cpu machines of course).  This is even more important now that the standard Pentium 4 processors are shipping with Hyper-Threading enabled.

• Burn CD-EXTRA format.  If MC is to handle images, this is a natural.

• Media Server enhancements.
    Auto down-conversion
    On the fly conversion from non streaming format to streaming format.
    Customizable buffering
    Access multiple libraries

• Bulletproof Party Mode
    No library switching, no DSP changes, no media server control, no skin or plugin manager control, etc. Of course what would be better is to allow the user to select what functions a partier can perform.  

• Customizable context menus.
    The right click menu should be completely customizable for the track details window.

• Player controls more like physical players.
    A single press of Previous not within the first 2 seconds of a track should take you to the start of the current track instead of the previous track.
    Repeat 1 track or all of playing now.
    Time display relative to all of playing now, not just the current track.

• Change the behaviour of the enter key in the search bar.
    Pressing enter should commit the search criteria instead of sending the results to playing now.  You should also HAVE to press enter to commit the search criteria so the results don't keep changing as you type.

• File path settings for music base directory and cover art should be saved as part of the library, not globally.

• Allow the volume and mute controls to be configured to adjust the Wave/MP3 mixer input or the master out.  Currently it adjusts the mixer master out which affects all sounds coming through the sound card.

• Use full MC client as a web remote client.  I.E. Media server except play at server instead of streaming to client.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
Re: Current Wish List
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 09:00:58 am »

My biggest wishes:
  • A command-line switch for mjextman.exe which will perform a portable device (okay, an iPod) synch using the last-used settings.  That way, I can just put a shortcut on my desktop, double-click it, and have a sync done.
  • PVR features either need a wee bit more work, or I need a better TV-tuner card (I suspect it's the latter).  After pausing, there's about a 30-sec delay before the video comes back, and while timeshifted, the video quality, while still very nice, is noticably less than the live feed's quality
  • An MC T-shirt.  :'(
Cheers!  Have a good weekend, JRiver!  Have a good weekend, iPodders and music lovers worldwide!

(Kurt's in a good mood because he's going to go visit a lady friend that he hasn't seen in years over the weekend.  Woot!)
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2003, 09:03:35 am »

I never guess you wanted a command line IPOD synch Kurt ;D

Adam

P.S. I have an MJ T SHirt and it is great :D

"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

nila

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2003, 03:07:37 pm »

I got a T-shirt too.
I was wearin it two days ago when the sun was out and shinin :)

My vote for these features (they're all good but these ones could possibly actually make it in v9 as they aren't too complex):

• Different ripping settings
  • Calculated fields (or a tool to combine fields into a third (a quick fix work around that'd work as a temp measure as it'd be easier to implement)
  • Player control requests :)

I'm just happy with the new menu's - they're gonna keep me smiling for a long while :)

Added
    LOL. - I typed in shirt but missed the r in it by accident and the board converted it to 'nuts' - thought it was amusing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up