INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater mode Explorer view behavior change request  (Read 393 times)

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
Theater mode Explorer view behavior change request
« on: March 09, 2022, 01:41:39 pm »

I would like to request two changes in the behavior of the Theater View mode Explorer plugin used to browse the file system for files while in Theater Vide mode:
1. display the file name instead of the "title" of files
2. allow to display the individual playlist files of ripped blu-ray discs instead of just one playlist file

I'm a new user of MC which uses Theater View mode exclusively and I find the current behavior of the file system explorer very inconvenient. I would think the purpose of the Theater Mode Explorer plugin is to browse the file system for files that were not already imported to the library, and such files often don't have correct "title" info, if they have it at all.  Showing the "title" of a file in the listing make senses for the "imported to library" view, but not for a generic file system browser.

Same thing regarding the display of the Playlist or Streams folders of a ripped blu-ray disc. Currently, only the main feature playlist is displayed, if you want to directly play some extras from the Theater mode Explorer view, it's not possible as their playlists are not shown. This doesn't make sense, a file browser's purpose is to display the files, not hide them. If I would want a "curated" view of the blu-ray disc contents, I would import that disc into the library and launch it from the Theater Mode Movies view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up