INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver newbie: set up DLNA view that shows folder and filenames  (Read 1505 times)

JCLHalifax

JRiver newbie: set up DLNA view that shows folder and filenames
« on: February 21, 2022, 09:42:15 am »

Hi,
I've just purchased a licence for MC 28 and I'm trying to set it up with my Simaudio 280D DAC with a moon interface on an ipad. MC 28 resides on a W10 PC and all of the music are on a hard drive that is seen across my home network. Moon sees the view I created with the default " Artist Album Recent Genre Composer Podcast Highly Rated" list of folders. How do I add "Disk location" to this? I need to do this because a lot of my libary are ripped LPs and therefore the metadata is incomplete or empty. I will fix the metadata eventually but in the meantime I'd like to be able to access these ripped LPs. btw, I see that the JRiver app itself can be configured to show disk location (see attachment). This is the kind of navigation I'd like to be able to do with JRiver. Incidentally, I can do this with the MediaMonkey DLNA server that I've use for many years. I'd like to migrate to MC.

How can I set up the DLNA view to allow for navigation of folders and filenames?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver newbie: set up DLNA view that shows folder and filenames
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 04:10:06 pm »

Options>Media Network>Add or configure DLNA servers>Customize views...

JCLHalifax

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 10:02:26 pm »

Found it, thanks! I added "Disk Location" under Audio (see attachment). However, it doesn't show up in SimAudio's IOS Mind app. Is that a problem with the app or does it take some time for JRiver to update what it posts to DLNA receivers such as Mind?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 12:22:59 am »

When modifying views sometimes it's necessary to restart the client. I have to do this for JRemote2 so I'm guessing DLNA is similar but YMMV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up