INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Art Limitations?  (Read 1088 times)

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Album Art Limitations?
« on: March 19, 2003, 09:35:06 am »

I use WMP 9's method for adding album art.  That is I name the file "folder.jpg" and store it within the artist/album folder for each album.

I then use 500x500 jpg's for each album art.  It's a good size/quality ratio.  Anyway, I have two questions about how MC manages album art:

1.  Is there an automatic way to tell MC to use the folder.jpg file?  I can manually target each album but it would be great if MC could look for the jpg within each album folder.

2. Sometimes MC doesn't display these jpgs.  Once I manually assign the image it will appear as the default image in the properties but it won't display the image.  In other words, it knows where it is but can't display it.  Is there some sort of jpg limitation within MC?  

I've updated my library and still MC doesn't want to display some jpg files.  There's nothing wrong with the jpg files (at least nothing I can tell)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album Art Limitations?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 09:56:25 am »

No.2 was a bug that has been fixed with yesterday's release!

Cover Art in WMA has been  a problem for a long time, but they fixed by now all bug. The only exception right now is that you cannot store cover art internally (inside the wma file)! But this could also be a limitation of the wma format.

Don't know about cover.jpg. I remember from earlier postings that this should be possible!

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 05:13:02 pm »

Excellent.  Thank you!
These guys must be working some serious overtime.  :)

What are the advantages/disadvantages to storing the image inside the files?

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 05:24:14 pm »

There was a thread about advantage/disadvantage of having cover art stored internally a few months ago.

Main advantage: If file moves, file is portable, just one file per track
Disadvantage: Cover art stored in every track, takes up more space.

Opinions were about 50/50 as I can remember.

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 07:16:42 pm »

Thanks for taking the time to summarize that for me.

BTW, I just downloaded the new build and you're right...cover art management as a whole has improved quite a bit.  It could still use some tweaking but it's an impressive improvement nonetheless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up