More > JRiver Media Center 29 for Linux

installJRMC - MC installer for Linux

<< < (2/4) > >>

Awesome Donkey:
I can't recall if Fedora needs this certificate symlink too, will have to double check here in a minute.

EDIT: If you encounter an issue like this on Fedora, this command *should* help fix it...

--- Code: ---sudo ln -s /etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/pem/tls-ca-bundle.pem /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
--- End code ---

bob:

--- Quote from: Awesome Donkey on March 17, 2022, 11:24:18 am ---I can't recall if Fedora needs this certificate symlink too, will have to double check here in a minute.

EDIT: If you encounter an issue like this on Fedora, this command *should* help fix it...

--- Code: ---sudo ln -s /etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/pem/tls-ca-bundle.pem /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---
Or you could symlink to the local copy of the certificates in the "/usr/lib/jriver/Media\ Center 29" folder. Just delete the symlink in there to /etc/ssl and change to point at the local copy there.

BryanC:
I improved the ssl certificate symlinking logic in 1.0b16 so that only the symlink in /usr/lib/jriver is changed. It will first look to see if the default symlink is broken and then link to either /etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/pem/tls-ca-bundle.pem or /var/lib/ca-certificates/ca-bundle.pem, depending on which is available.

Awesome Donkey:
Interesting issue on a clean Fedora install. I'm using the ./installJRMC --install repo --debug command which as far as I know should install your unofficial repository, but instead it does this...

--- Code: ---[michael@fedora installJRMC]$ ./installJRMC --install repo --debug
First Debugging on!
Debug: Running: main
Debug: Running: getOS
Debug: Detected host platform: fedora 36
Debug: Using host platform: fedora 36
Debug: Running: parseInput
Debugging on
installJRMC version: 1.0b16
Debug: Running: getVersion
Debug: Running: installPackage --silent buildah
Resolved "debian" as an alias (/etc/containers/registries.conf.d/000-shortnames.conf)
Trying to pull docker.io/library/debian:buster...
Getting image source signatures
--- End code ---

It looks like it's trying to install the Dockerized version? Unless I'm mistaken here, I manually stopped it while it was copying the blob. Is this a potential issue?

BryanC:
No that's correct. If buildah is available installJRMC will query the official repo for the latest version number using containerized apt. Otherwise it will fallback to scraping Interact and then to a hardcoded default.

The official apt repo is the most reliable way to determine the latest release version, and can be queried in a distro-agnostic manner using an ephemeral rootless container.

This may not be strictly necessary for --install repo (on non-apt distros) as dnf can query my repo for the latest version, but for all other functions (including the code that I use to actually build the repo) I need to determine the working version a priori, so it's easiest to just perform the lookup regardless. You can skip the lookup by specifying a version number manually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version