More > JRiver Media Center 29 for Linux

Docker Images for MC29

<< < (13/14) > >>

max096:
The release notes state that it's not in the apt repo yet because of technical reasons. :latest gets you what was in the repo at the time of building it.

HaWi:

--- Quote from: max096 on August 16, 2022, 11:29:33 am ---The release notes state that it's not in the apt repo yet because of technical reasons. :latest gets you what was in the repo at the time of building it.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Max
I don't know how these things work but the :latest in Docker Hub seems to be .66 as well even though .86 has been uploaded before that. So when I use Portainer to re-create the MC container it pulls .66. The first time this happened was with the update to .66, when it would consistently install the previous version.

max096:

--- Quote from: HaWi on August 17, 2022, 09:40:03 am ---Thanks Max
I don't know how these things work but the :latest in Docker Hub seems to be .66 as well even though .86 has been uploaded before that. So when I use Portainer to re-create the MC container it pulls .66. The first time this happened was with the update to .66, when it would consistently install the previous version.

--- End quote ---

Yes, because :latest uses the apt repository and itīs not on the apt repository .86 is from a .deb file. Itīs currently a bit inconsistent because for the current images some of the 29.x.xx are also using the repository. That will be different for the new images every single one of the tags where you specify the full mc version number will be built with a .deb file and not only some of them. I think if you specify a mc version in the tag you actually really do want exactly that version and therefore apt update should not update it either. And itīs just a bit more consistent that way.

Still got some things to sort out. But itīs getting along. Resolution resizing is also working (thought that would be hard but it actually really wasnīt). You can specify the initial resolution as environment variables and you can change it on a per client basis in the web GUI also.

chrisG81:
Hello,
I installed it on my Synology and it works great. Thank you for the effort.
Now I have a problem to activate the license. I tried it via the menu. I tells me I have the wrong version. I use the key which I received after purchasing the MasterLicense for MC30.
I also tried to do it with the .mjr file. I logged in via SSH with my admin account. If I want to execute the first command you have described "docker exec -it jrivermc /bin/bash" I receive a permission denied. Maybe this could be a problem with synology.

Installing the Lincense on my MAC worked.

Thank you for your help!

Update:
I was now able to ssh in the docker container. Same reply: Please download and install the version that matches your license...

Update 2:
Now it works, after updating the container -- Thank you :)

max096:

--- Quote from: chrisG81 on September 10, 2022, 04:11:18 am ---Hello,
I installed it on my Synology and it works great. Thank you for the effort.
Now I have a problem to activate the license. I tried it via the menu. I tells me I have the wrong version. I use the key which I received after purchasing the MasterLicense for MC30.
I also tried to do it with the .mjr file. I logged in via SSH with my admin account. If I want to execute the first command you have described "docker exec -it jrivermc /bin/bash" I receive a permission denied. Maybe this could be a problem with synology.

Installing the Lincense on my MAC worked.

Thank you for your help!

Update:
I was now able to ssh in the docker container. Same reply: Please download and install the version that matches your license...

Update 2:
Now it works, after updating the container -- Thank you :)

--- End quote ---

For the permission thing you have to add yourself to the docker group to be allowed to run docker commands without being root.

I think you still need to use :29.0.86-latest-17 instead of :latest with mc30 licenses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version