More > JRiver Media Center 29 for Linux

Cursor pointer visible in Theater View

<< < (3/4) > >>

bob:

--- Quote from: cochinada on February 02, 2023, 07:13:51 am ---Yes. I'm trying to install that one. I've already downloaded it to my PC but I'm not using the correct command for sure as this below fails:

sudo apt-get install mediacenter29

It says "mediacenter29 is already the newest version (29.0.37)"

Should I use something like this instead???

./installJRMC --install -i local

or...

./installJRMC --version 29.0.86

Tried the last one but still my version doesn't change.

--- End quote ---
installJRMC should have created a repo for MC on your linux box (since it's ubuntu which is a debian derivative it should just work).

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

should get you the lastest MC (and everything else for your system).

cochinada:

--- Quote from: bob on February 02, 2023, 09:12:16 am ---installJRMC should have created a repo for MC on your linux box (since it's ubuntu which is a debian derivative it should just work).

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

should get you the lastest MC (and everything else for your system).

--- End quote ---

I did as above but still stuck with the same MC version

Awesome Donkey:
In that case, why not just download the .deb file (which you already have) and just manually install it using sudo dpkg -i with the full path to the .deb file? Alternately you can probably install it by opening the .deb file and installing it from the UI prompt.

I'm also pretty sure you don't have the repository added, or else the package manager would've picked up on the later MC29 updates.

cochinada:

--- Quote from: Awesome Donkey on February 02, 2023, 11:36:47 am ---In that case, why not just download the .deb file (which you already have) and just manually install it using sudo dpkg -i with the full path to the .deb file?

I'm also pretty sure you don't have the repository added, or else the package manager would've picked up on the later MC29 updates.

--- End quote ---

Sure thing!
I got an error. Did I download the wrong version or what?
My processor is a Pentium Gold G5500T so I think I got the right package...

How can I add the repository? I've upgrade from Windows and probably have done something wrong in the process. :-\

Awesome Donkey:
You're using the 32-bit version of Media Center, correct? Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit OS? Are you intending to install and use the 64-bit version or is the 32-bit version correct? If the 64-bit version is the one you're wanting to use then you'll likely need to remove the i386 (32-bit) version and install the amd64 (64-bit) version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version