INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Instructions for re-ripping needed!  (Read 1224 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Instructions for re-ripping needed!
« on: March 16, 2003, 07:12:58 am »

Hi JRiver and friends,

I would like to re-rip some wma files to ape format. The cd's were ripped before the introduction of YaBB.

When I insert the CD, no CD information is found, although all information is available in my library. MC9 goes directly to YaBB and does not find anything. Obviously it does not check the local library first.

On the other hand there is no way to submit the album information of the existing album to YaBB, only track infos, but this seems not to be the same thing!

So basically, according to my understanding I have to re-enter all the cd information, if I want to re-rip a cd in another format! Not really funny, or do I miss something in the whole process?

Would appreciate some instruction on how to re-rip a cd given the fact that the existing cd information has never been entered to YaBB, but is only available on my local library. Thank you!

MachineHead

Re: Instructions for re-ripping needed!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 07:51:23 am »

Jaguu-

You could copy the files from the data cd into a folder, say 'My Music', import into MC and convert format. This should also read the info stored in the file tags.

It isn't necessary to "RE-RIP" data files. Just have to import them.

PS- Why convert from wma to APE? Only copies you have? It's sort of overkill to try and convert an already lossy format to one that isn't. Just my thoughts....

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 08:08:55 am »

MachineHead,

sorry, you misunderstood, don't want to convert wma to ape. Last year I ripped the original music cd to wma, which is in my MC library. Now I want to rip the the same cd to ape without re-entering artist and track title info again, as they are already there in my library.

But MC9 goes directly to YaBB and does not check if the artist and track titles are already in my local library. On the other hand there is no way to submit existing library information to YaBB. I can only do that when I insert a new CD.

rocketsauce

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2003, 10:36:05 am »

When you say 'local library' do you mean that the disc is listed in the CD & DVD node of the Media Library?

Rob

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2003, 10:57:45 am »

No, local library is the default library. When I ripped the wma files with MJ8 about 18 months ago, the CD&DVD removable library did not exist yet, so all files ripped before CD&DVD (removable.jmd) existed can only be found in the default library (mediafiles.jmd).

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2003, 11:12:53 am »

Nobody ever re-rips anything?

How do yo submit albums of your Media Library to YADB that were ripped before MC9?

I don't see how to submit complete album Info to YADB in Media Library. See only how to submit Track Info to YADB.

Submit album info can be done only when inserting a new CD! Correct?

I seem to miss something here! Can you help please!

From earlier posts I understood that album info and track info being to different things! Is that right?

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2003, 05:09:18 pm »

I haven't ripped anything for a few months, so I am assuming all the CDDB functions are now completely gone ?? One 'cheat' you could employ is put the CD into EAC and see if it finds the info on FreeDB.. If it does it should make a file (CDPlayer.ini ??) that I cant remember the exact name of that has the track listing locally... With the same CD in the drive open MJ and see if it has a listing...

I am not 100% on this process but I know some combination along these lines worked for me...  Then again I am still an EAC user...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

dobon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2003, 08:05:46 pm »

This should work: Submit  track-info for the wma-files in your library to YADB. Then rip the CD's to ape and do the look-up routine from YADB for the unnamed files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up