INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing a playlist, is there a max number of files ?  (Read 364 times)

tg30

Importing a playlist, is there a max number of files ?
« on: March 20, 2022, 09:58:41 am »

I created two different playlists for two different storage locations, my library is very large. First playlist is 780,000 files, second one is 1.2 million files.
For both of these when I run an inport it only looks at the first 26,000 files and never goes beyond that number, the numbers vary somewhat, it was 25,598 on one run, 25,607 on another run, and so on,

I'm trying to get all my files into Jriver29, and a file scan/import is not working for me, it locks up constantly because of the large amount of files, so am tryin to do it via playlists. Is there a method to import files via playlists that imports all the files in the playlist into JRiver ?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Importing a playlist, is there a max number of files ?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 08:18:31 am »

I think importing the files directly or via playlists is the same thing. MC still opens each file to get CODEC information, read the existing Tags and import them into the DB, which may be slow depending on your storage and network. It will also run the Audio Analyzer for each file, and that's really slow - I recommend you disable it during import; you can still run the Analyzer later on. You should also disable the "get Cover Art" and "Lookup Lyrics" options on the AutoImport configuration (perhaps the import stops because the online services refuse service after a few thousand requests).

It's also possible that there's some corrupt file causing the import process to abort. Check MC's log file to check which file is causing the Import to fail, then remove it from your collection for the import to proceed.

You may also want to import the library in chunks, one subfolder/tree at a time (or using smaller playlists). Don't use Wifi, and make sure your MC database (library) is on an SSD or M2 drive.

Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to do a mass-import of just the filenames without reading any tags (probably because it's a bad idea).
Pages: [1]   Go Up