INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request - Video Particle Enchancement  (Read 437 times)

stiv32

• World Citizen
Feature Request - Video Particle Enchancement
« on: April 01, 2022, 12:45:58 am »

Particles is a great feature which can be used to create searchable scene video libraries (footage / video clip / Movie clip libraries, or sound libraries) but is actually difficult to work with because it takes too much time for each particle to be created.

The following feature can tackle this problem.

I suggest an advanced menu (buttons appearing close to the video playing buttons) that will have the following buttons and text fields "Particle Start", "End", "(re)name, "Add", "Keywords"(customizable field or optional Library fields), and maybe -+ for adding; so that we can do it while playing the file. By pressing "Add" the particle can be added to library, or/and to a "new particles" playlist).
Additionally:
 - Ability to export them together with their playlist to portable devices/

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Feature Request - Video Particle Enchancement
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 01:03:24 am »

I like the idea of a "Video Editor" type aproach where you could scrub to mark and start then to an end point from which you create the particle with a click.

If you use any of the MC "convert" functions, on a particle(s) you get new files for just those ones.  Good for portable devices as I don't know any that will support the MC Particle Meta Data on a single file.
JRiver CEO Elect

stiv32

• World Citizen
Re: Feature Request - Video Particle Enchancement
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 11:27:37 am »

Thank you Jmone!

It would be Super to have this "Video Editor" feature, and I feel that it will find application from a great variety of users!

Thanks also for sharing the way to bring particles into a transferable state for portable devices :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up