INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.129 beta  (Read 14526 times)

Lou Busch

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 9.0.129 beta
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2003, 02:06:40 pm »

Whenever I add more than about 2000+ mp3s to MC (> 40mb library size), the library will refuse to re-load.  I must delete mediafiles.jmd  and re-import.  MC will then run fine but if I restart it refuses to load, saying there is a library error and I need to reload the program.   I use my tags heavily, so I can get up to 60-80 megabyte library files.  I have recently added a bit of data to my tags.. ;D.  I really don't want to strip my tags.  I know some tags are saved to the DB and some are not (althought all display).  Any way to control this?
Thanks
Lou

dragyn

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2003, 02:19:53 pm »

I've been noticing that MC likes to go in and out of being the active window (loses focus). Be it using the file menu, right-click menu, tree list, importing videos, etc.

Hairstyle also steals the entire desktop when using more than one monitor.

Media Center Registered 9.0.129 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 82 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2003, 07:52:17 pm »

• New  Date Opened: 2003/03/17  Priority: High
    Can't play any files via media server.  The library loads OK but attempting to play a track results in the player just hanging with the message 'Waiting'.

'Cannot establish connection to server' if authentication is enabled at the media server.

Clicking on a view scheme in the tree shows the tracks but the tree selection immediately jumps back to Media Library.  This prevents you from navitaging the tree with the up and down arrow keys.

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The confirmation box that pops up on a Find and Replace on filename if the destination file already exists needs more options.  'Accept, Accept All, Ignore, Ignore All and Cancel'

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The converter forces '[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]' directory naming which un-does directoy changes made to compilation albums to get them into the 'multiple artists' category.

• Open  Date Opened: 2002/11/14  Priority: High
    When 'Decode directly to CD' is unchecked, and you burn more than 1 CD, the raw temp file is deleted and recreated for each CD instead of using the one created at the start of the first burn

• Open  Date Opened: 2002/11/14  Priority: Medium
    When the media server responds to a search, it responds with the first interface it's bound to even if that interface isn't reachable by the client that issued the search request.   My server has 2 interfaces, one private, one public.  My laptop is on the public network.  I issue a search from the laptop and the server responds with the name and ip address of the private interface which the laptop can never reach.  Combined with the previous problem, I can get 4 responses for the private interface, all useless

• Open  Date Opened: 2002/11/14  Priority: Medium
    If the client actually gets only 1 response to a Media Server search, it tries to connect immediately.  It should problably give you an option to see the response and confirm that you want to connect to it.

• Open  Date Opened: 2002/10/15  Priority: Medium
    Analyze Audio isn't handling tracks under 10 seconds very well.   BPM is left at 0 and gains are set anywhere from -20db to +159db.   This would be OK if there were a way to manually adjust the gain and peak level values instead of just being able to clear them.

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/02/21  Priority: Low
    If you hold down the CTRL key while selecting items in the details pane, you can only select 5-6 before the previous selections un-select themselves.

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/02/13  Priority: Low
    The YADB track lookup will only work in small batches.  I just tried a batch of 14 track from 'Neko Case' 'Blacklisted' and got the last 4 tracks only.  Had to go back and do 4 at a time to get them all.

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/01/22  Priority: Low
    Can't turn off tooltips for the drop target and player controls.

• Open  Date Opened: 2002/09/26  Priority: Low
    When collapsing 'Auto Smartlists (audio)' after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%

• Fixed  Date Opened: 2003/03/04  Priority: Medium
    Installation of the Girder plug-in succeeds but the plug-in never shows up in the 'remotes' section.  Update:  Don't need the plug-in anymore.

• Fixed  Date Opened: 2003/01/22  Priority: Low
    'Decode files directly to CD' is both on the main CD writer settings page and the settings sub-page but the checkboxes aren't synchronized

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2003, 02:26:59 am »

Cover Art with wma format still not working!

Tried after long time to scan cover-art for my wma files. It does not work!

1) After scanning I get the cover-art displayed, but after restarting MC9, I get the question-mark again, cover-art is no longer displayed.

2) With the store inside file option set, after scanning, in an album the first track stores the file internally, all other tracks store the file externally in the cover-art folder.  

3) Despite of that, some wma albums manage to display their cover-art, but most don't.

4) After importing cover art into a wma file, the jpg file in the cover art folder disappears. This does not happen when importing cover art into ape files.

5) Right now cover art and wma format are completely unreliable to be used!

6) I also installed WMP9 to see whether that would help. All my WMA files were ripped in summer 2001 with MC7/8

Media Center Registered 9.0.129 -- P:\Programme\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1733 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 309 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive Y: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

LisaRCT

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2003, 03:55:03 am »

When moving files from within MC9 to a different directory on my drive, I am repeatedly asked
'Do you wish to remove any folders which have become empty as a result of this move?'   >:(
Can this be made so I can answer ONCE and have that be the default rather than having to answer again with every move?    ?
"Pretty-Please"   ;D

Streaming media - buffering hangs on last 1 - 2 seconds of audio until buffer is again filled.
MANY Times the buffer simply stalls and an endless repeat loop occurs until STOP is pressed.  
Magically, when STOP and then PLAY is pressed the buffer fills easily showing the data stream to be available, active, and of sufficent rate to easily fill teh buffer and resume play.

nila

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2003, 04:07:46 am »

Bug:

http://phazeclothing.com/temp/screenshot2.jpg

I changed the resolutions and found out it's the :
Failed to update the following files error.

nila

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2003, 04:23:58 am »

Oh Yeah - I had a look at the icons used in MJ and was gonna change and edit them and play with them but they're 16bit indexed colours with all the icons in one file.

This I presume means that all the icons have to share the same index.
This quite restricts the quality of the images that can be used (I was planning to use all the icons from RealOne as they're VERY pretty and just edit them slightly).

Could it either be made so that these didn't have to be indexed colour or could each icon file be seperate so that they could all use individual colour indexes.

JohnT

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2003, 05:30:54 am »

Also - I have a suggestion around add a feature that would stop auto rip if the YADB query fails.  Right now, I have to rush to click 'cancel' to stop so I can get in there and label the track, then continue ripping it.  Would be really nice if there was a work flow something like: if yadb doesn't find cd, present dialog (properties sheet) to label, then when finished, ask user to submit to yadb and then continue ripping.  

Would make ripping my vast cd collection all that much easier.

The next build will have some options for YADB when in auto rip mode:

1. enable/disable the "Multi-match" dialog. When disabled, MC will simply pick the first matching CD from the list and the user won't see anything.

2. enable/disable YADB error messages. If disabled, the lookup simply fails and the tracks are named (track 1, track 2, etc.)

3. enable/disable YADB CD submission dialog. If enabled and CD isn't found in the database, the dialog appears and the user can enter information and then continue auto ripping. If disabled, tracks will be named "track 1, track 2", etc. and auto ripping will continue.

There will also be a way to do a mass update from YADB at a later date in case of lookup failures. There will also be a temporary "recently ripped" playlist that will contain CD's ripped during the current run of MC.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

michel

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2003, 05:58:56 am »

It seems you miss an important feature also added...

1. ...
2. ...
3. ...
4. enable/disable Coffee Machine. If enabled MC makes the coffee automatically during the rip (we can add an option sugar/no sugar). If disabled it does the dishes automatically but not do the coffee.

MC is becoming a great software !

highab

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2003, 06:13:42 am »

Wishlist item:

rightclick menu for image folder thumbnail views ... giving "sort by" options "name/date/type/size"

would be fab!

Thanks

MachineHead

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2003, 06:14:27 am »

There will also be a temporary "recently ripped" playlist that will contain CD's ripped during the current run of MC.

I like this. Have been ripping with MC again, even without the CRC values.  :P  Anyway, for doing a file convert later this makes life even simpler.

Bug?:

It (.129) did crash when doing a rip on Megadeth - Risk lastnight. Have yet to decide whether it's because of being an enhanced cd, or something else. It did crash on the last track 6 times before I gave up and used EAC! Have a few more enhanced cds to do, so I'll check and see if it happens with them as well.

JohnT

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2003, 11:06:21 am »

Bug?:

It (.129) did crash when doing a rip on Megadeth - Risk lastnight. Have yet to decide whether it's because of being an enhanced cd, or something else. It did crash on the last track 6 times before I gave up and used EAC! Have a few more enhanced cds to do, so I'll check and see if it happens with them as well.
Found this problem and it will be fixed either today or tomorrow.

MachineHead

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2003, 11:34:04 am »

Found this problem and it will be fixed either today or tomorrow.

Should I hold off on the enhanced cd rips til then?

JohnT

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2003, 12:17:05 pm »

Should I hold off on the enhanced cd rips til then?
Yes.

JohnT

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2003, 12:28:14 pm »

It seems you miss an important feature also added...

4. enable/disable Coffee Machine. If enabled MC makes the coffee automatically during the rip (we can add an option sugar/no sugar). If disabled it does the dishes automatically but not do the coffee.
I just added a coffee strength slider with values from 1 to 10. I've been setting mine to 10 until the hands start shaking then I dial back to 5.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2003, 12:30:38 pm »

129 has the nasty habit of freezing my normally 100 % bulletproof Win2K Advanced Server. I recently changed motherboard, but I doubt that's the reason, since I played with version 123 a bit afterwords. Then I removed it completely and installed version 109 (to get web remote to install correctly). Next step was an upgrade to 129, and suddenly the crashes are random. The only thing that's common is that they all freeze my system to the point of "reset button" frenzy and that the sound (Audigy 2) will loop on the last sample, sort of like an old album with a bad scratch, but a lot faster.  >:(
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2003, 12:30:50 pm »

129 has the nasty habit of freezing my normally 100 % bulletproof Win2K Advanced Server. I recently changed motherboard, but I doubt that's the reason, since I played with version 123 a bit afterwords. Then I removed it completely and installed version 109 (to get web remote to install correctly). Next step was an upgrade to 129, and suddenly the crashes are random. The only thing that's common is that they all freeze my system to the point of "reset button" frenzy and that the sound (Audigy 2) will loop on the last sample, sort of like an old album with a bad scratch, but a lot faster.  >:(

MachineHead

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2003, 12:42:48 pm »

will loop on the last sample, sort of like an old album with a bad scratch, but a lot faster.  >:(

.129 is buggy and crash prone. I had the loopy syndrome playing a cd the other night. Took task manager a while to kill it. Simple solution for me, stepped back to .126.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2003, 12:58:24 pm »

Luckily this is on the Internet server that I'm only in the process of incorporating in my multi-zone system, so I don't need it immedeatly. I'll just wait for 130, or whatever version the next days that will fix this.  ;D

zevele10

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2003, 03:30:31 pm »

Still not showing art sleeve when playing a data cd with mp3 having art sleeve inside file

Byhtomit

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2003, 09:32:49 pm »

I finally figured out the WAV file issue.  MC9 won't play WAV files that are encoded at 32kps or less.  When it tries to, I get a pop-up which reads: "Please select file(s) to play."

When playing WAV files encoded at 88kps, after four WAV files are played, a pop-up appears which reads: Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files."  Please make sure that the path in the Media Jukebox (which is another error right there) library points to the right location."

Now, the path in MC9 has nothing to do with playing individual files on-the-fly (i.e. right click on a WAV file, select Play).  Both of these errors should be fixed since Unified Messaging in Exchange Server records WAV files at 13kps and, therefore, cannot be played by MC9.

Thanks,
Timothy

Marty3d

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2003, 09:54:12 pm »

- When browsing for Properties - image, the bottom scrollbar is missing

Marty3d

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2003, 09:57:48 pm »

The infamous "re-writing tags" bug is here again. When importing, MC converts track number tag 0x to x. Most annoying. Please leave the tags alone if the user wants to! :(

geier22

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2003, 12:31:30 am »

you have destroyed my most impotant button grrrrrrr!!!!
The artist info button in earlier versions opened the external browser window on AMG with the artist of the highligted song somewhere in my libary.
Now the button only opens the actually now played song also when another song in my libery is highlighted
(I think this is a bug > ??)in the internal browser window.
The opening of a highlighted song in the internal browser is no good solution. E.g. when I look for a special song in AMG ( Length, Album etc..)
I need to see the file in mediacenter.
Please, please restore the former button features !!!!!
Debian Testing x64 (multiarch) Xfce
TEAC UD-H01 - Yamaha A-S1000 /
Midrange- Studiomonitore by FÖÖN
AsRock Z390 Extreme4- Intel Core i9 9900/ 32 GB Ram

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2003, 07:47:36 am »

File Associations
In the Media Scheduler, the file association display is incorrect and, like it used to, it is losing file associations.
Toast goes in the toaster.

TimB

« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2003, 08:07:55 am »

Now listening is not working. :o
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

dobon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2003, 09:22:43 am »

Very minor, and not new bug:

MC reproducibly freezes if ripping is initiated with an invalid encoding syntax (in the custom > advanced field).

Sniffy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Honore ton erreur comme une intention cachée
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2003, 12:15:07 pm »

Hi
First time I wrote on MC9. I really like it.
Have a problem since version 127 on my new computer.
Unable to rip. MC began to rip and after 20 second MC shut down but does not crash the computer.
The same thing happen with the DVD. I can see the selection but as I click on play or anything else, Mc crashes.
Even in burning, MC crashes at the end of burning. (try only in test mode)
I try with 129 too.

Media Center Registered 9.0.127 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Intel Pentium 4 2522 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 47 MB

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Agilityman

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2003, 12:38:35 pm »

Can't get mp4 to work.  
When attempting to play mp4 file, just get error message, "Please select file(s) to play."  

Could not get mp4 audio files to play in MC 9.0129.  Went back to MC 9.0124, and they still wouldn't play.  Same error message.

Same mp4 files play fine in Quicktime 6 with no plug ins, and also in Winamp 2.81, Windows Media Player 9, RealOne, and Fobar with their mp4 plugins.

Tried using Winamp's mp4 plugin in MC 9, still got same error message.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up