INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume Control problem solved  (Read 698 times)

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
Volume Control problem solved
« on: March 18, 2003, 12:27:33 pm »

Hi Matt,

My volume control problem, over several builds have been solved.

I understand you have difficulty replicating the problem.  Let me try to explain how it happened, and possibly introduce some code to prevent it from happening.  It is difficult to solve if it happens.

I was transiting from a Terratec DMX card to the new Terractec Aureon card.  I also have a creative extigy sound device.

I use the play Zone for the 2 sound card.  I found that MC keeps the information of the Creative and Terratec internally, and even I delete the configuration or reinstall MC, the configuration appears.

I believe my Terratec configuration was damaged during the transition and upgrade of MC.  In occassions when I fully reinstalled by sound device drivers and MC, I realize that MC still detects DMX configurations, instead of Aureon.

I finally managed to remove all the sound card drivers, try with different drivers and reinstall MC, and it worked.  Now, I updated by sound drivers, and it works.

My recommendation is that when a configuration is deleted, and if a new configuration is ADDED, please ask the user if he would like to use the old configuration, or have a new configuration and erase the old configuration.

This would certainly help in case of a bad configuration.

Pages: [1]   Go Up