INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paused film wont hold any longer than 5mins  (Read 645 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Paused film wont hold any longer than 5mins
« on: April 06, 2022, 08:01:53 pm »

I switched to MC29 the other day and now notice that if I pause the film it only holds for 5mins, after that it reverts back to the menu. It never ever did this on any of my old versions, is there a settings for this please?

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Paused film wont hold any longer than 5mins
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 12:08:40 am »

Tools>Options>Video>Advanced then uncheck 'Stop after a long pause'
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

murray

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 12:25:13 am »

Tools>Options>Video>Advanced then uncheck 'Stop after a long pause'
Many thanks! Ive noticed when you upgrade many of the old settings from an earlier MC does not come across. From now on I will take a screen shot of every single page on JR settings as its taken days to get everything back working as I once had.  :'(

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 02:49:51 am »

Ive noticed when you upgrade many of the old settings from an earlier MC does not come across

I am sorry to hear that Murray, I found the MC28->MC29 the smoothest upgrade yet.
I've done it on all three of my systems and didn't have to change a thing, it even took all the thumbnails and my custom Standard View & Theater View skins across.

Terry
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

murray

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 03:02:29 am »

I am sorry to hear that Murray, I found the MC28->MC29 the smoothest upgrade yet.
I've done it on all three of my systems and didn't have to change a thing, it even took all the thumbnails and my custom Standard View & Theater View skins across.

Terry
You are very lucky Terry! :)
I wish my changeover had been the same its taken me more than 4 days to sort things that no longer worked the way they used to work. Problem is you dont know what didnt copy across until you find or come across something that no longer works they way it used to work. problem is I use a very complex setup more than most would, I make up movie play lists for shorts, trailers, feature etc etc for a film club we run. I pause the start of the playlist, this was just the last thing I noticed no loger worked.......

I dont want to go on and on about it as its been quite stressful and very time consuming.... However i will never let it happen again as I will take a screen shot of every page on JR from now on, so I know exactly how I have changed settings from the defaults.

We also updated Windows 10 so I have no idea if that created problems in the changeover to MC29  ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 07:46:21 am »

Many thanks! Ive noticed when you upgrade many of the old settings from an earlier MC does not come across. From now on I will take a screen shot of every single page on JR settings as its taken days to get everything back working as I once had.  :'(
When you restore from a backup, settings are optional.

If the backup was from an older version, not all settings may have been in the backup.  Each version has improved on this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up