INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 29 Writing tags to every file!  (Read 476 times)

SamNorthernlights

• Recent member
MC 29 Writing tags to every file!
« on: April 11, 2022, 08:27:14 am »

I have just installed MC 29 on my NUC and created a fresh clean library with files stored on my NAS. Everything seemed to be going fine until I realised that my NAS was very noisy with activity that would not stop. Then I noticed in the bottom right hand corner of the MC window that it was Saving tags to my files - all 33,000+ of them....one at a time. After an age it seems to be about halfway through and slowing down. This is going to take for ever and I didn't want this to happen. I don't recall this happening with MC when I use my Mac installs. I don't want to start up MC again now until I can discover a way to stop this. Can anyone help!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 29 Writing tags to every file!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 08:31:01 am »

Edit>Uncheck "Update Tags When File Info Changes"

SamNorthernlights

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 08:35:43 am »

Thank you! Will that stop current activity? I restarted to do as you suggest but my NAS continues to be quite busy. But maybe it will stop soon.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 09:43:12 am »

You should probably uncheck it and then restart MC to stop any running background processes. It sounds like MC is running an auto-import w/ audio analysis and/or building thumbnails.

Wheaten

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 10:17:38 am »

Also check if you have the internal media server on the NAS enabled, as this will for sure contribute to additional delays.

SamNorthernlights

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2022, 10:36:37 am »

Thanks both for further replies. Activity did stop and I think it was just finishing off thumbnails etc which had been slowed down by tag writing. So all is well and all is calm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up