INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to delete a file that was imported incorrectly  (Read 542 times)

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
How to delete a file that was imported incorrectly
« on: April 07, 2022, 12:51:55 am »

I ran "Import" while some files were being copied to a new destination. I expected any file that was not fully copied to be ignored but something odd happened and Media Center is now confused.

I have one file that does not show up in any view within MC but I cannot import it again because the program does seem to think that the directory has already been imported in the past. How can I override import and force it to import the file again? I assume I can also move the file to a new directory and run import, but I would like to maintain the name of the directory.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: How to delete a file that was imported incorrectly
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 07:24:25 pm »

If the file is not showing in any of the normal views but it won't re-import this probably means the file has some screwed metadata. To find the file in the library go to Smartlists>All Files (empty search) then using the Search box (in the top right corner) use the Wizard to search for the filename. Using Filename(name) 'contains' put as much of the filename in as to make it unique. When the search turns up the file then delete it from the library (only from the library) then use Tools>Import to reimport the containing folder.

Terry
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 03:45:45 pm »

You can do two things:
- on the AutoImport dialog settings, uncheck the option 'ignore files previously removed from library'
or
- go to Audio->All Files and search for "~d=r". This shows all files that were previously removed (and so won't be imported again). You can delete these files, then they will reimport normally again. You may have to restart MC after deleting them for this to work. Also, make a backup before doing this.

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 09:48:16 pm »

I have added the file (a movie) in a second directory with a similar name and I can access it without any issues.

When I tried creating the smartlist and searched for the name of the movie, it only found the file in the second directory.

I did not try changing the AutoImport settings because I was worried that it would cause some collateral damage. Perhaps I should just create a Backup before I make changes.

I went to Video->All Files and searched for "~d=r". All of these files are TV recordings that have been deleted and should not exist any longer. So I am not sure how this will help solve my problem.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 08:25:20 am »

Create a library backup. Then create a Smartlist as shown in the attached screenshot (obviously substitute your file name). Hopefully this will bring up the file you are looking for.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome
Pages: [1]   Go Up