INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRVR feature request - individual options to reduce banding, ringing...  (Read 527 times)

CompEx

• Recent member

I'd like the option to individually activate "reduce banding", "reduce ringing", "enhance detail" and so on. Just like it's possible to individually finetune the picture with madVR. As JRVR is a lot more efficient than madVR, I hope JRVR will someday have all the options of madVR, so I can use JRVR without a loss of pq (caused by missing options).

kind regards
CompEx

AGHTPC

• Recent member
Re: feature request - individual options to reduce banding, ringing...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 06:45:52 am »

I'd like the option to individually activate "reduce banding", "reduce ringing", "enhance detail" and so on. Just like it's possible to individually finetune the picture with madVR. As JRVR is a lot more efficient than madVR, I hope JRVR will someday have all the options of madVR, so I can use JRVR without a loss of pq (caused by missing options).

kind regards
CompEx

I would think the more you add, the more resources it will take. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Our goal is to deliver a high quality picture without too many options.  I think we're already there, but we'll continue to consider changes.

bogdanbz

• World Citizen

I support the addition of a separate de-ringing option. The ringing is very noticeable on DVD content upscaled by JRVR and using the SuperRes feature that's supposed to handle ringing just makes the picture noisier and harsher. I would like to be able to activate only de-ringing for such material.

De-ringing is also a feature that works better in madVR than in JRVR. I would say in JRVR activating SuperRes doesn't remove ringing in any perceptible way, while it's visible in madVR.

CompEx

• Recent member

I agree with bogdanbz: De-ringing works better in madVR than in JRVR. In JRVR, activating SuperRes doesn't remove ringing in any perceptible way, while it's visible in madVR.

So, actually, I do have two requests: individual options and a working de-ringing.

Besides not helping against ringing, SuperRes consumes a lot of ressources and might produce unwanted side-effects without individual options. And I'd say, individual options for de-ringing etc. are easier to understand for most users than some of those HDR-options... ;)

kind regards
CompEx
Pages: [1]   Go Up