INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View/Smartlist Gurus: How to shuffle albums?  (Read 785 times)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
View/Smartlist Gurus: How to shuffle albums?
« on: March 16, 2003, 05:48:34 am »

I'm trying to come up with a view scheme or smartlist that will allow me to play: x complete albums of genre y--but I want to have the albums themselves shuffled, while retaining their internal track order.

The end result is that the first time I play the scheme/list I hear: Album 3, Album 1, Album 4, Album 2, and Album 5...

the next time I play it I hear: Album 2, Album 3, Album 1, Album 5, Album 4...

It's basically a "disc-at-once-shuffle".

Any ideas on how to do this while maintaining a library of seperate tracks? (It's easy to do this if you have a library made up of complete discs because each track is an entire disc...)

Thanks!
Brad

NoCodeUK

Re: View/Smartlist Gurus: How to shuffle albums?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 10:44:41 am »

I think I have something but I am not sure...you will have to test it.  Put each album you want into a separate playlist, then set up a smartlist with these rules Playlist: TEST 1, TEST 2 Sort: [ALBUM], random

These keeps the albums together but sorts tham randomly as albums...I think... I only tested with two playlists but it seems to work

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

Re: View/Smartlist Gurus: How to shuffle albums?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 10:47:46 am »

Sorry forget that...it keeps them in orderr but it doesn't randomize them...back to the drawing board I think ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up