INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Delete Functionality  (Read 684 times)

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
Request: Delete Functionality
« on: March 16, 2003, 05:00:42 am »

I'd like to bring up the delete functionality.

Summary:
The delete functionality behavior changes depending in what view you are.
View within Media library: Delete will remove song physically from HD, but asking first how it should be removed (This is good!).
Playlist or 'Playing now' view: Delete will just remove the song from the Playlist, but not at all give you the option to remove the file physically.

My problem: Since I'm still cleaning out my mp3 library I do have some songs that are bad or are duplicates, so I want to delete from the library. I find those songs normally while I'm playing them in the 'Playing Now ...' view or in the playlist view like 'Find Duplicates' ... My intention is to remove them from the Harddisk but in this case I need to go through a few steps to delete them -> Locate in Media view -> Delete, since the delete bahavior just deletes them for the Playlist (argh..Now I have to start from the beginning again). But how do you remove multiple files from the harddisk? For example if you found them through the cool smarlist feature find duplicates .... Select multiple files and then?

My Proposal:
Add a new menu item into the right click menu or even the main Edit menu: 'Remove File(s) ...' This would pop up the three options as we have them in the Media view: Move to recycle bin, move permanently etc. ...
This way would allow someone to delete several file and move them to the trash can in any view they are in..

Cheers
Dom
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Re: Request: Delete Functionality
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 05:33:03 am »

Try holding the SHIFT Key + Del Key... that would bring up the dialogue asking if you want to remove them from your hard drive too.

-----

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
Re: Request: Delete Functionality
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 08:17:11 am »

Ok, that works. Great.

Thanks
Dom
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320