INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preventing Tag info from being changed ...  (Read 826 times)

WendtCreations

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Preventing Tag info from being changed ...
« on: March 15, 2003, 12:51:52 pm »

Hello all, I just became a paying customer for MC9 (loving it so far with my Nomad Zen)

First, my question:

What setting do I change to prevent MC9 from altering any information on my files, which were ripped beafore I had MC9.  I don't know what I did, but to day, one of the changes I noticed was that my Alison Krauss album was changed to have the artists as Alison Krauss and the Union Station (although this is more accurate, I do not wish it to be so.)

I imported my files into the library and I also began analizing a few, but noticed this would take too long so I stopped it, I don't know what files were analized and what files were not - so I don't know which part actually led to the change being made.

Anyway, I would like MC9 to repect any existing tag info, but I can't seem to find the setting for this - I must admit, some of the settings in options do confuse me a bit :)

I do want the ability to change tags manually, if I notice an error for example, I just don't want MC9 to change anything automatically.  Thanks

On a different matter ... I hope that MC9 ALWAYS keeps the option to have the player not use any type of skins.  It took me forever to find a player that actually took into account those of us that want all our applications to have the same look as the rest of our operating system - it was a wonderful surprise to find that option :)

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
Re: Preventing Tag info from being changed ...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2003, 01:02:32 pm »

Hello WendtCreations and welcome on board,

If you want to prevent MC to modify any tag information already in your files go to Tools/Options/General then uncheck the box named 'Update tags when file info changes', that's it.

Hope this helps,

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)
Pages: [1]   Go Up