INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tags not reading  (Read 387 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
tags not reading
« on: May 09, 2022, 04:44:21 am »

i'm having a strange issue where a very large amount of tags are not reading

for (one of many) example, reading from the tag dump:
[album] - Saint Vitus Mournful Cries
[genre] doom

the album does not show up under a search for [genre] = doom, or [artist] = Saint Vitus
but the album is there if i search by file location in another view.  it seems to be happening with only genre based tags, i am experimenting with some other views to check that

if i browse Unassigned Genre, the album shows up, but the genre is very clearly not unassigned in the tag dump.  i have tried updating from tags

any ideas, it's happening to roughly 40k albums (still counting), and i'm stuck searching from file location views instead of tags
thanks

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
Re: tags not reading
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 06:04:30 am »

i'm having a strange issue where a very large amount of tags are not reading

for (one of many) example, reading from the tag dump:
[album] - Saint Vitus Mournful Cries
[genre] doom

the album does not show up under a search for [genre] = doom, or [artist] = Saint Vitus
but the album is there if i search by file location in another view.  it seems to be happening with only genre based tags, i am experimenting with some other views to check that

if i browse Unassigned Genre, the album shows up, but the genre is very clearly not unassigned in the tag dump.  i have tried updating from tags

any ideas, it's happening to roughly 40k albums (still counting), and i'm stuck searching from file location views instead of tags
thanks

Tags and their names are Case Sensitive and should be identical to the way they appear in the Tag Dump Section of the Tag Window
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 07:46:24 pm »

thanks for the response

i'm aware of that, and it wouldn't explain why some of the tags are reading properly despite them all being identical tag names

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 09:27:40 pm »

I doubt what I suggest below is the issue, but there are a couple similarities in your post to a problem I encountered and eventually solved, that maybe yours is tangentially related.  The part that really caught my attention was:
but the album is there if i search by file location in another view.  it seems to be happening with only genre based tags

For the view where it does not show up, did you happen to recently alter the file display rules that somehow exclude or limit the genres it shows, whether on purpose or inadvertently?

Here is the thread for what I encountered: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129302.msg902473.html#msg902473
Again, not the same issue as yours, but... I too had an issue with music files that were in my library, but not showing in views, and it was due to a tag based rule. Reply #9 explains what I did that created the problem to begin with, and how I fixed it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up