INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: irock handheld trouble  (Read 1182 times)

kotfu

• Uh Huh.
irock handheld trouble
« on: January 06, 2003, 08:55:49 pm »

I just got a new irock 530 with 128MB of memory.  I have used mj for a long time, and it's way better than the junk software that came with the irock.  The irock works fine with their supplied software; I can download files, and delete them with no problems.  When I try to do it from MJ, the irock doesn't show up in the handhelds section.  

I have win2k+sp2 with MJ 8.0.393 and portable drives plugin 3.0.16.  The irock came with some drivers called ir500v12.exe.  MJ doesn't work with those.  I found some updated drivers called ir500v13.exe.  MJ doesn't work with these either.  The irock download manager software works with both.  The irock shows up in device manager, but I don't have a drive letter for it.  After snooping various forums, I'm still not sure if I'm supposed to have a drive letter or not.

Any ideas?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: irock handheld trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2003, 05:35:23 am »

Kotfu,

I do not have an iRock 530 to test this on. When you connect the iRock 530, does it appear as a drive letter under "My Computer"? If not, then you will need to download the iRock plugin from here...
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/downloads/plugins.pl?type=8

After getting the Plug-in, you should see iRock listed in the left tree.

Steve

kotfu

• Uh Huh.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2003, 07:39:38 pm »

Well, it turned out I had some whack usb troubles.  It's a Compaq with the VIA usb chipset, and w2k doesn't officially support it, but I found some drivers and usb stuff seems quite stable now, other usb devices (printer, and digital camera) work great, so does the software that came with the irock.

I got the irock 3.0.16 plug-in and installed it (the plug-in manager says it's version 3.0.15, web page says 3.0.16)  Now when I click on the irock icon under "CD & Handhelds" in MJ, it chugs on the disk for a few seconds and MJ crashes.  Grrrr...  I may try to duplicate this on a machine with a debug version of windows so I can send a useful stack dump.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 05:58:42 am »

Kotfu,

I am in contact with iRock and they are trying to figure out what drivers I need to recommend to be compatible with our Plug-in. I designed the Plug-in to be compatible with the drivers they were originally shipping with the iRock, but they have shifted things around since then.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up