INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I see the tracks per album?  (Read 527 times)

harish88

• Recent member
How do I see the tracks per album?
« on: May 09, 2022, 09:05:44 pm »

Hi - my apologies if this has been  answered before. In Media Center 28, I could open the Artists, double click on an album and see the individual tracks. If I double clicked on one of the tracks, it plays that track. I upgraded to Media Center 29. Now when I double click on the album icon (from Artists), it starts playing the tracks without displaying them and allowing me to select the one I want. What do I need to reconfigure? The View menus don't seem to get me there. Thanks!

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: How do I see the tracks per album?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 10:00:40 pm »

Hello Harish, I am unable to duplicate the behavior you are seeing.

As a first check go to: Tools/Options/General/Behavior/Double-Click: File Properties. That last item will open a menu from which you have six options. Try choosing the last one: File Properties if it is not already selected.

If it was already selected, or you selected it, and that does not fix the problem (which is what I suspect will happen), then upload a screenshot showing the view when this behavior occurs.  Also, open the the view tab drop-down menu, select Customize View, and upload a pic of that dialog box as well.

harish88

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 01:55:16 pm »

Thanks! Unfortunately, when I go to Tools/Options/General/Behavior/, there is no File Properties to double click on (see attached). I have also attached the other two screens you requested. Thanks again.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 02:30:26 pm »

You are doing tree browsing, which works differently than the normal model of browsing.  It's hard to diagnose things when you don't know that tree browsing is being used.  Anyway...

I believe you can fix this fairly simply:

1.  Do not double click on the album in the tree.  Single click on it.
2.  When the album comes up, as it did in your first screen shot do this:

See the tab above the album cover with the name (back in black) and the down arrow?  Click the down arrow.  Now select List Style.  You should see that it is set to Album Thumbnails.  Change this to details.

That should fix it for you.

Brian.

harish88

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 03:25:53 pm »

Awesome, that fixed it. Thank you!

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 06:38:44 pm »

Ahhh yes… The power of pictures. That was why I requested them - it is so easy to go back and forth with text messages where both parties are misinterpreting the other, while the pictures made it instantly clear what the issue was. Brian is correct, it never even occurred to me that you were using tree browsing. And since I don't personally use tree browsing, without the pictures we would have gone back and forth several times trying to diagnose the issue.  As it is, Brian beat me to the punch for the solution (with the assistance of the pictures).

And finally, regarding this
Thanks! Unfortunately, when I go to Tools/Options/General/Behavior/, there is no File Properties to double click on (see attached).

In your third picture, do you see where it says Double-Click: Replace Playing Now (all) (the second line under the behavior subsection you highlighted)? If you click the down arrow at the left, or actually anywhere on that line, another menu will open up. At the bottom of that menu is the option to choose File Properties.  Regardless, it looks as though things are back to how you wanted.

harish88

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2022, 08:49:05 pm »

Yes, I see it and reset it. Thanks very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up