INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot utilize the active DVD Menu when playing back VOB files with MC 29  (Read 810 times)

capnizzy

• Recent member

Just upgraded to Media Center 29.
I select a DVD Video that is ripped in (VOB) file format.
It will launch the DVD,
Get to the DVD Interactive Menu but cannot select any menu options (such as Audio, Special Features, etc.) or Play.
All previous versions of Media Center worked just fine.
Is there a setting I need to be aware of in this new version to get DVD playback to work?
Thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

Which exact version of MC29 are you using? Video features have been seeing a lot of work in early MC29.

You can get the latest version here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133006.0.html
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

capnizzy

• Recent member

I just upgraded to the latest and greatest 29.0.47 (64-Bit) and issue still exists.
DVD will start to play from beginning (stutters a bit,) gets to the main menu, and can't click on any of the menu options.
If I downgrade to any previous version of Media Center (27,26, etc.) works just fine.
Thanks for your assistance

capnizzy

• Recent member

Thanks again Hendrick for your suggestion so far... wanted to provide a new update.
UPDATE:
Actual physical DVD inserted into DVD Drive
JRiver MC 29 recognizes the disc, plays until the main dvd menu... and again.
No controls work to "select" any of the menu options.
Clicks of the mouse over the PLAY, EXTRAS, AUDIO, CHAPTERS, ETC menu items does nothing.
Therefore, it's not just happening with files stored on the hard drive in VOB format, it happens with the original/physical DVD disc as well.
Any advice on how to resolve would be greatly appreciated.

Hendrik

• Administrator

Did you try navigating with the arrow keys and the enter key to see if the disc is interactive at all, and just the mouse is broken, or does it not respond at all?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator

I managed to reproduce the lack of interactivity with the mouse, and we're investigating.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator

This should be fixed in the next build (49+), thanks for reporting!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

capnizzy

• Recent member

Thanks Hendrik

kr4

• MC Beta Team

This is what is amazing about JRiver.  I first noticed the mouse navigation problem on 5/10 because I almost never play videos.  However, I have some useful test signal discs on video and, after system reconfiguration and new amp installation, I needed one of those test sets.  Discovered the problem and did the workaround with keyboard navigation.  Figured I'd get around to raising the issue here but it's not top-of-the-pile for me.

Then, lo-and-behold, the issue is raised here that very evening and, by the next day, it is solved.  ;D
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
Pages: [1]   Go Up