INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have Gotten 100+ notices To Create a Conversion Cache Folder  (Read 557 times)

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen

I would love to stop seeing this notification.  I have never seen it before this morning.  Looked around and found the file location specified in Tools>Options>File Location>ConversionCache  I saw that flag could be set to "do not create cache" so I changed to Do Not Create Cache but the problem continues.  It seems something is causing every music file in my library to create this message.  It is a neverending number of notifications.  Go away for 10 minutes and there are 10 more. 

Edit - I tried deleting the folder but that didn't help.  Should I save the library, delete MC and reinstall? 

Any help appreciated. 

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
Re: Have Gotten 100+ notices To Create a Conversion Folder
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 01:25:08 pm »

Another day and another 100 notices.  This is getting crazy.  Please someone - make it stop. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Have Gotten 100+ notices To Create a Conversion Cache Folder
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 01:59:29 pm »

If you set to "None (do not create cache)" I can't explain why you're seeing these errors.

You could switch to a folder, pick one you can actually create, then switch back.  It might help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
Re: Have Gotten 100+ notices To Create a Conversion Cache Folder
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 03:27:41 pm »

If you set to "None (do not create cache)" I can't explain why you're seeing these errors.

You could switch to a folder, pick one you can actually create, then switch back.  It might help.
I tried creating a new folder and then went back in to Options>File locations and set all three Audio, Video, Images to the new location.  By the time I saved that change there was already another 10 of these notices to the old location.  That gave me the idea that some kind of background command was just running mindlessly.  And, so logically with me not knowing how to stop that command, the only alternative seemed to be stop MC and since some commands can still continue, I rebooted the PC.  It has been around 15 minutes so far and no new notices! 

Thanks for getting me out of single-track thinking.  If I don't repost, this is fixed. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up