INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On app-start, MC maximizes Wave Volume  (Read 899 times)

dlwhite66

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
On app-start, MC maximizes Wave Volume
« on: March 14, 2003, 06:28:28 am »

In 9.0.124 beta

When starting media player after a reboot, it automatically maximizes the Wave Volume in the MS Audio control system.  ?

This is really bad behavior. Why would anyone want the application to silently and automatically maximize controls like this.

Please turn this functionality off by default and if you think it's required, add a preference for it.

JeffB

• World Citizen
Re: On app-start, MC maximizes Wave Volume
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 07:12:11 am »

Under the Options Menu -> Startup Settings tab there is an option for startup volume.  It may be ticked and all the way up.

dlwhite66

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 07:23:52 am »

Thanks. It wasn't that control.

I missed this before:  There is an "optimize volume for best sound quality on start up" button that was checked. There is no description of this button in the help. Optimize sounds like a good idea. Maximize is not a good idea, but a much more realistic description.

I sure don't like the check box buttons - it's not intuitively obvious when it's checked and when it's not. A blank white box is supposed to represent on? That's not intuitive.

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 03:59:54 pm »

WOW that is dangerous...

For anyone connecting a PC direct to power amps they rely totally on the PC volume for gain control... This situation could (would) blow the speakers if it happened...

As most people trying to eliminate pre pros etc and go direct like this usually have expensive speakers this is something to be very careful off...

Could I have a list of what additional commands effect the volume so that I may elert a few people... If the volume command is set to startup at 20% always is it certain that nothing overrides  this ?

Also dos this apply to MJ as an app volume control or the windows volume control ?
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  
Pages: [1]   Go Up